Crowdfunding (Upcoming 2018/19 Round) - Updates

I’d never pay £8 for a pint! And I live in London.

3 Likes

£25-50 a share (£2-4bn). That’d be fair if they had 2-3 million customers worldwide and marginal profitability.

They don’t need to accelerate or reinvent anything to achieve that - just keep on moving forwards step by step as they are doing.

6 Likes

Got a lot of faith in Monzo and hoping to invest in this round. Keep it up guys!

6 Likes

But you’d pay £8 for a flat bottomed boat (probably on a river in Cambridge or something…)?

1 Like

It’s gonna be our biggest round yet, so we need to make sure we land at the optimum time with all due diligence done :grinning:

I’m looking forward to it :grinning:

8 Likes

but as the title suggest will it be in 2018 :slight_smile: or is Tristan teasing when he says it won’t be this year ?

5 Likes

This is accurate. It’s early days so it could go either way.

2 Likes

M.O.N.Z.O
M.O.N.Z.O
M.O.N.Z.O
M.O.N.Z.O
It is coming
It is coming
It is COMING
It is coming

She is M (used to be Mondo)
She is O (over a year ago)
She in N (now she’s Monzo)
She is Z (zis used to be D)
She is O oh, oh, oh

Monzo I.P.O
Monzo I.P.O
Monzo I.P.O
Monzo I.P.O

9 Likes

Count me in

How do I get involved and get shares?

@rcoley you’ll just have to keep your eyes peel for an announcement :loudspeaker: nothing has been announced yet.

1 Like

I think it’s going to be difficult right now as most people probably won’t want to sell up as the realisation of how big this is becoming sets in.

There has been mention of another fund raise possibly end of this year, or next year.

1 Like

Hanks @SC95, I’ll have to pipe a feed into my cerebral cortex as I’m not missing this one

1 Like

So sorry state over at Sugru, 90% loss to investors in less than a year.

Shows the risks of any investment, especially in start ups.

Monzo don’t fail us! :pray:

5 Likes

Which is why I’m glad I only invested ten of the queens pounds. I will however be looking to invest at least 100 of her maj’s finest in Monzo if I get the chance. It’ll be good to have shares in my bank especially as I was in at the 1st maybe 2nd floor (April 2017 I joined) :+1:t5::grimacing:

3 Likes

In my opinion Monzo are a good bet, but I would say that I suppose :slight_smile: , if you look at the staff ethos, the service provided by a bank that is around three years old ( from prepaid status ) , the continued numbers attracted to using Monzo as a tester, a main account , a secondary account etc… they are growing rapidly month on month,… but it is just that - a bet - don’t put in more than you can afford to lose if all goes wrong and Monzo fails - … Im quite happy - and excited by my investment in Monzo, there are down sides, but that is balanced against the phenomenal possible upsides, and I do think the possibilities are… very good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes - will be interesting to see what the price is next time, and whether there will be room for any further upside. Wishing you’d been able to invest previously (or put more in than you did) is very different to deciding whether to invest more at a higher valuation. It is surprising to see the number of people wanting to invest before they’ve even seen the price.

3 Likes

I always say this with the funds Ive bought since 2014 - I wish Id have put more in :slight_smile: would I put more in now ? some I would, some I wouldn’t . - Monzos story is getting better and better - again in my opinion - it is at the moment, in my opinion, undervalued compared to its “final” IPO price , it has definitely improved since due diligence from far richer people than me from the last crowdfunding round at £2.35 ( £260m valuation) - I could see it being a metro bank valuation ( £3bn) or 10 times the last crowdfunding value :slight_smile: , I couldn’t see it being a Barclays valuation (£30Bn)

3 Likes

If they can get going in USA then I can see them easily passing 30bn.

4 Likes

I don’t want to “talk my book”, I don’t want to “pump and dump” - however I do see a lot of upside still to go , again repeating don’t bet what you cant afford to lose - I did some terrible investments in the dot com bubble - lost the lot :slight_smile:

5 Likes