Crowdfunding (Upcoming 2018/19 Round) - Updates

min/max limit with uncapped total? Couldn’t this lead to runaway dilution? Imagine 400,000 people wanting to invest £1000 each? (Yes unlikely but …)

I imagine the institutional investors would want a limit on any dilution to protect their holding.


I doubt very much that would be a serious concern given previous rounds, but they could have a hard cap at some very high level. Anyway, we’ll see later in the year I suppose what they decide.

1 Like

Looking forward to hear about this! Thanks

It would be good if the investor’s identity could be verified simply by the ownership of a verified Monzo account rather than outsourcing verification to Crowdcube or whichever partner.

Monzo already has hundreds of thousands of fully verified users so they don’t need to pay someone to do it all again. Maybe last time they didn’t have the time or the scale to think about taking that in-house but it makes sense.

Who is the new Crowdfunding Lead btw?

We don’t have anyone confirmed yet :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Do they need Crowdcube experience or will an enthusiastic Monzo account holder fit the role? :wink::wink:

As a company seeking investment? Or as an employee of CrowdCube? I’ve met tons of developers who applied there, yet never heard of anyone who actually got accepted. I went to their offices years ago, seemed like a nice place with a nice team too!

1 Like

@stephenjames Not specific experience working for Crowdcube but experience running crowdfunding campaigns is definitely a plus point :slightly_smiling_face: Hiring for this role is paused at the moment, and something we’ll probably pick up end of March beginning of April

1 Like

That’s a shame, the only crowdfunding experience I have is rounding my mates up to pay for their rounds. Best if I let an expert apply for the position.


Can’t wait to see what you guys do with the new card and can’t wait to invest. Love what you do!


Thanks, Hennie! :grinning:

Looking forward to hear more here. With the Open Banking API and investing the change it has become a massively interesting integrated proposition. Hoping to get a piece of the action!


Is there a rough timescale on the next round? Within the next month, 3 months, 6 months, >year?

Just so I can budget for it.

Thank you


Not in the near future — it’s very dependent on a bunch of other factors so is likely to be late this year or even possibly early next year. As soon as we have more info our end, we’ll be sure to share so that you can prepare :slight_smile:


The only thread I follow religiously


All things being positive I imagine the share price for the next fundraiser will be considerably north of now if it is next year!

Anyone looking to sell shares now? :slightly_frowning_face:


How much do you think we will have to pay next year?



I’m going to punt £8 a share this time next year

Im going for a 100 million raise for a 15% dilution - £6.66 :slight_smile: not that it matters a jot - bring on an IPO in about 4 years time :slight_smile: - but I am an optimist , alternatively in my pessimist role , they could have gone bust by then :slight_smile:

1 Like