COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Latest numbers out …

A very small increase in the deaths up to 5pm yesterday :frowning:

At the press conference where they announced Shielding, they mentioned the 4 (?) ways they they were identifying people.

For instance try here though one of the other Q&A questions (or the briefing) may give info as well.

Yes, they announced all that. The discussion here is that what they announced doesn’t seem to match what’s actually happening.

569 have died today in the UK, I really hope we get through this

Key worker checking in again

Overtime pay and the 10% bonus the company I work for are paying for working during lockdown and ~£1 liter petrol (from today)

No spending apart from the canteen, food and fuel so I also can build some big savings.

5 Likes

No, gumtree would have been third. Freegle would have been second.

1 Like

Any need for such hostility?

2 Likes

Don’t feed the troll!

Oh and welcome by the way :laughing: :wave:

3 Likes

You have. Adding smiley faces really doesn’t help. Watch your tone. Would you speak to a friend in the same way?

Exactly Rat_au_van.

I don’t think anyone “wants” multiple peaks. There will be multiple peak regardless, again this is obvious if you actually read the literature before weighing in.

As I’ve explained at length already in this thread we know FOR A FACT mid-May is 0% likely. Controls will continue sporadically for at least 5-6 months.

Again, please stop spreading misinformation, it’s really not helpful.

Hostility or not - what is the problem with explaining something [perhaps for the upteenth time] so that those who dont know - know? R-

Personally I think your wording needs some work @jph. What @michaelw90 clearly meant was “prefer” smaller multiple peaks as opposed to one big NHS crippling one. Show a little humility. R-

4 Likes

Please listen to yourself and step away from the keyboard for a while. You are coming across as incredibly rude and hostile, and unless you’re a qualified epidemiologist with years of experience, you’re no more an authority on this subject than many of the rest of us.

I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt in that this is a stressful time, but it might be better for you to step away and take a mental health break rather than getting angry with people on the internet.

3 Likes

Entirely optional.

3 Likes

Maybe you should read the Code of Conduct.

Not sure how your posts meet that. And on the name calling in particular:

In any case, “there is no tone” is not an excuse to not write in a polite and considerate manner. That has nothing to do with tone and everything to do with choosing words with care.

10 Likes

So far we’re bang on the curve.

We WILL hit 10k dead by about 9-11 April.

This is not a mystery nor is it a surprise nor is it possible to prevent at this stage.

Unfortunately the number of dead won’t slow quickly enough to delay this mainly due to the unhelpfully-vague government “advice” and the severely delayed lockdown compared to other countries.

btw, for those that actually want to look at the deaths per day for different counties in a more meaningful comparative way, it’s incredibly simple to just stack the charts. This is much more useful than ramdomly comparing two completely unrelated numbers:

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to the behaviour of one belligerent user resulting in a large number of community flags.

It hits hard when it comes to a situation where people have to play God.

1 Like

All hospitals already have criteria in place which may be further narrowed if demand increases