COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Why are they not using CSV files… instead of xlsx with tabs…

4he7yr

2 Likes

this is fine

1 Like

Donald Trump appears to be have recovered quickly. Shouldn’t he ought to be still be self isolating though? :man_shrugging:🤦

He hasn’t recovered; he’s hospital-phobic and is going to be ‘isolated’ in the White House for the rest* of his recovery instead.

1 Like

Recovered well enough to leave hospital according to his tweets. He feels great. I realise irony is hard to convey in text (that’s why I tried with emoji), but I was mocking his actions here. Plenty of people start feeling better, before getting worse, likewise when you’re high on medication (as he probably is) you can feel invincible. A joy ride when you’re not the only person in the car isn’t really isolating either and puts whoever else was in the car at risk, mask or no mask, especially when it is hermetically sealed.

You sure like to phrase your subjective opinions as objective facts don’t when replying to me don’t ya. Comes off quite confrontational.

You’re reading things into my replies that aren’t there. If you read the news you’ll see plenty of mention of him being germ-phobic and not liking hospitals. Plenty of the current cycle is around is he leaving because the doctors said it’s OK to leave of because he made the doctors let him leave.

If that’s the case I apologise.

I did read that article earlier yesterday evening, it’s also where I read about the hermetically sealed vehicle. To me that’s just a political opinion piece with some unsubstantiated claims. I tend to agree with the opinions, but they don’t to me immediately say he’s hospital-phobic, more that he’s just a vain person, and to him, his image is more important than the health and safety of himself and those around him.

I’ve known someone who was hospital-phobic and they flat out refused to go near one until it was already too late. :confused:

ETA: I’m diagnosed with mysophobia (it’s linked to my autism, I’ve discussed both in more detail in another thread somewhere), and I can categorically state, without doubt, based on what I’ve seen and heard about Trump and how he personally has acted in response to the virus, he is in no way whatsoever a germophobe, in my opinion.

I saw a clip of him this morning with a doctor commenting on his breathing and how he’s doing it unnaturally and it shows he’s ill. I’ll see if I can find it again.

edit

It’s a matter of fact:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/484875-trump-nods-at-reputation-as-germaphobe-during-coronavirus-briefing-i

It definitely reminds me of Johnson clapping on the doorstep of No 10 before he went to hospital, actually.

Again, these are just unsubstantiated claims and opinion pieces. Where’s the article documenting his verified diagnosis, or where has he himself made the claim about being a germophobe? Without either, there are no facts here, just people making outlandish claims about him to grab headlines. Maybe he doesn’t like germs, but he is no germophobe. Or maybe he just likes controlling people and has a superiority complex, as they would also explain some of his alleged actions. He touched a public hand rail when leaving the hospital without cringing or having a meltdown. Someone with mysophophobia would not be able to do that. His reactions to the pandemic and the steps he’s taken to shield himself from it are not consistent with mysophobia either.

Please stop trying to pass opinionated journalism off as fact. It’s misleading, damaging, and it undermines those who actually suffer from such conditions, as tends to happen with OCD related mental health disorders.

I think he sees being in hospital as a sign of weakness.

2 Likes

I’d also imagine he’s “feeling great” as he’s pumped full of steroids and will continue to be so at the White House.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone ever feels great when they leave hospital.

In hospital, you basically get prodded, poked, stabbed, and generally annoyed until you’re just about well enough to go home, at which point you leave, longing for a good night’s sleep in your own bed.

Hospitals aren’t hotels…

Not for you or I.

I think Trump might have had a slightly increased level of care and comfort.

I think that depends what you’re in for honestly. If you go in with low blood oxygen levels and leave with normal blood oxygen levels, you’re probably going to look and feel so much better, at least for a while.

A lot of interesting data here. @Ivan1954, you may appreciate the data related to public transport.

I’m still in awe of Japan’s handling of the pandemic. I’ve seen it blamed at times that our higher rates of cases and death are down the density of our population more than anything else when being compared to less densely populated countries. Yet Japan is far more densely populated and have far fewer cases and deaths, whilst also having a much larger population than us.

3 Likes

Very interesting article.
It is unfortunate though, that public transport in the UK is still seen as unsafe by many.
Our passenger numbers, although starting to improve are currently around 40% of pre-covid levels.

1 Like

With scenes I’ve seen and was part of at train stations when there is more than a light drizzle or the temperature rises above 30° – total meltdown of services, a complete pandemonium at train stations – I don’t want to use public transport at the best of times, let alone when there’s a deadly virus going around.

No one wants to stand 6 hours in a crowd waiting for a single train to go through which will then be filled to the brim with people on top of each other, faces and bodies touching for 1+ hours on the commute home