Corona stress

Really struggling now due to this corona. Self employed, no work since march and life ruined. Because i bank with Monzo i can’t get a bounceback loan as other banks need to be a customer or the other few won’t give me a business account. Van is now needing MOT and cant get it taxed. Going to be towed away soon and my life ruined. Wish there was some help for me. Im doomed unless a kind hearted person goes beyond the call of duty to help me out

Do you qualify for any financial support?

Worth looking at this

1 Like

Urgent. Grant 2:
- When is it available? This is currently open, but the deadline to apply is Monday 19 October, so you’ve got less than a week to go.
- How much can you get? It is worth up to £6,570 in total. It is made up of a single payment made up of 70% of three months’ worth of average monthly trading profits over three months capped at £2,190/mth. You need to have been adversely affected by coronavirus on or after 14 July 2020 to claim it.

Grant 3:
- When is it available? It’s not open yet, but will cover the period from 1 November 2020 until 31 January 2021.
- How much can you get? A lump sum covering 20% of three months’ worth of average monthly profits up to a total of £1,875. You will be asked to declare that your business has been impacted between 1 November 2020 and the date of your claim

1 Like

I had two payments less than 2k this year but It paid the bills as was 3 monthly payment by HMRC but in arrears. Now they miss Sept and Oct and only get 20% in January. Unless i can get my van sorted i’m done

No other help available now tried everything. Cant get a loan due to CCJ three years ago

Are you not eligible for a government backed?

On that link above under Where to get a bounce back loan from.

Starling

CAN NEW CUSTOMERS TO THE BANK APPLY FOR A LOAN?
Yes, you can apply for an account (but existing business / sole-trader customers who use Starling as their primary account get priority)

2 Likes

Have you tried Starling?

2 Likes

I joined that list in June no response. I got an account with Tide, then they stopped BBL’s. Tried HSBC, Natwest, Clydesdale and the rest offering new customers but refused even though it’s government backed. Yet all the fraudsters are driving around in new sports cars

1 Like

BTW guys I appreciate you help :+1::+1:

3 Likes

take your vehicle off the public road and register it SORN , at least when you get back on your feet it will be ready to go again after taxing and MOT rather than towed and charged for the privilege …

2 Likes

That’s an idea but it’s a vicious circle that i cant get back on my feet without the van. Sick of it all and the stress what comes with it. Got no fight left

No friends or family that can help you with your van?

Everyone is in the same boat around me or just clinging to their own money as not knowing their own futures and what lies ahead. Can’t blame them

I feel like the best option is to find another job , I would say only part of the day and into the evening if possible to cover the van plus some others, so at least when jobs trickle in you can take them during the day hours when you aren’t working and build your business back up.

But jobs are are hard to come buy too, even if it’s just a few hours take it, helps keep a person in a routine.

What industry are you in if you don’t mind me asking?

Why not make a justgiving page and post the link, to see if there are any people willing and able to help?

If that doesn’t work and you have to pack in your business, just remember that we do have a benefit system in this country and it can be a lifeline in these circumstances. Where you live to find out what you could be entitled to if you cannot continue with your business.

Best of luck.

I’m sorry if I sound a little blunt, but I feel your industry might no longer be viable and you need to look elsewhere for temporary work. I know of professional airline pilots who now work for supermarkets because they have not been flying for months and were made redundant. A job is a job at the end of the day.

I know saying look for a new job is not easy, but look in sectors that are expanding like supermarket delivery drivers or even Amazon. Get any job and then do you old job on the side until jobs pick up again. Push comes to shove, apply for Universal Credit as it will give you some money. Even the Facebook group for my local area always has people asking for anyone who can do odd jobs, try things like that.

If you industry is no longer viable, then SCORNing your vehicle is the best idea as you don’t really need it while in another job - unless delivering which could keep it on the road. Going back to public transport can be a pain, but it’s near empty for me these days and getting much more punctual because of it. Put your van back on the road when you feel your industry is on the return or your second job has funded its return.

I don’t know how you are feeling right now, but don’t give up the fight. You can do it.

1 Like