Connected Accounts: What next? (Summer 2022 edition)

I’m not quite sure what I prefer. I don’t use Spaces, so it’s okay as it is for me, but ultimately I hope this is a first-pass at Starling, hopefully bringing in spaces properly at some point in the future.

Great work! How far back will the data go? Is it the usual 90 days?

2 Likes

I get data from October 2019 :muscle:

(Would still like more though. #greedy)

1 Like

Account Menu > Statements and Documents > Interest Rates

1 Like

That’s normal. Overall when one does “add account” it simply restarts authorization flow from scratch and asks which things to include in the “connection”. The connection is single, even if you add more accounts to it. But indeed there isn’t currently a way to “edit” and “remove” individual accounts from a connection. Thus one needs to drop them all, and restart to add the ones one needs.

Unfortunately there’s no way to pick and choose - it just adds both the Euro and Sterling accounts.

With revolut I am able to select only a subset of accounts.

This is Starling, though, and they have their own API.

One of the last places I would have looked :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I remember discovering it just by rooting around in the app when I first began using Starling (over five years ago).

1 Like

I’ve not used Starling for ages, but transferring some money this morning (because connected accounts are here :tada:) made me remember just how nice it can be. Immediate notifications and lots of screens that had just been sharpened up a bit since I last saw them. Well done the 'ling.

(I’m still not keen on having to pull up for the feed, but hey, it’s not like it’s my main account or anything…)

3 Likes

I’ve been categorising starling transactions all day and just noticed that the card shown in monzo does not reflect the colour of my starling card. Should it??

Not quite, everyone’s will be the same colour you have :upside_down_face:

I would say that Starling teal would look much nicer and would help with visual recognition. Seems strange to choose an unrelated colour which has low contrast when using the dark theme.

Starling cards were once a purple colour, and it’s very similar to their business cards.

1 Like

My guess is that the card is used to reflect the brands primary colour, hence FD being black, HSBC red, NatWest purple… and Starling website does use a similar blue/purple colour for branding…

5 Likes

Having just moved from all Starling to all Monzo, this is awesome. Thanks for implementing.

2 Likes

Bit late to the party but glad to see starling on the connected accounts list just need to go through and categorise everything now!! Also nice that it picks up my overdraft limit

3 Likes

Great to see this list of supported banks expanding (lots of credit card options in the test!)… but god damn where is Virgin Money :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good to see Starling in the list (didn’t show me for a while) :star_struck:

Next step, Wise please :nerd_face::relaxed:

2 Likes