Competitor update

Well I’m bit concerned for this guy :wink:

Gualandri is a serial entrepreneur who made a fortune setting up a digital bank in his native Italy. He has self-funded Soldo and believes it will stand out because of its focus on parents, rather than chasing the millennial market like most other startups.

We do only one thing and what we do I don’t think there are many, or possibly even any, who do it,”

The business might do well for now but if Monzo builds his solution

https://community.monzo.com/t/mondo-card-for-under-18s/1689/6

then why wouldn’t you choose their service & miss out on all of the extra features that come with Monzo?

UAccount looks cool (they’ve got a way around the FCFS protection challenge) but then you see that they want to make their revenue from fees :grimacing:

Lastly

Monzo CEO Tom Blomfield tells me his startup bank loses on average £40 per year per user at the moment.

&

Blomfield says losses on customers will be cut by about £20 a year when it launches its own current accounts early next year.

that’s awesome, I’m assuming that that’s not accounting for overheads but those figure’s are really useful for explaining how Monzo can become profitable by providing overdrafts with low interest rates.

Blomfield adds that £40 loss per user per year compares favourably to banks, which will regularly pay over £100 in marketing and offers to acquire a single customer.

2 Likes