Competitor Update 2

indeed it will be interesting to see 2017 company accounts under liabilities on page 15 the increase in customer deposits from £1800 to give some sort of clue as to customer numbers :slight_smile:

As an accountant, I had to do a double take as I was expecting to see “£’000” in the heading (e.g. deposits of £1.8m). £1,800 sounds like one or two people testing the account :wink:

2 Likes

I think it was just the staff for the year , but I agree more usual to see £ 000’s in the column headings

• in comparison I spent over £20K on my Monzo in 2016 :slight_smile:

Starling seemed to be concentrating on rolling out their finished product to market first, rather than customer feed back / customer testing at that stage - I assume - just shows the two different approaches between the companies - Monzo having now slowed down to test the more important Current Accounts to get that right as its a totally different financial importance to a pre paid card.

I do think the Monzo approach is better, having the customers initial test the prepaid card, tweek it at every opportunity along the road before getting the CA out - Im sure full CA rollout will include and improve on most things already available and tested by customers on the pre paid

6 Likes

Starling are launching Android Pay tomorrow

8 Likes

Starling just released compatibility for Android Pay:

https://twitter.com/StarlingBank/status/904975431488692224

8 Likes

ducks down from the parapet …arghhhhhhhh…

4 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Contactless vs Oyster

Looks like I’ll be using Starling for the near future at the very least then.

I prefer the Monzo UI, but Android Pay is an absolute killer feature. If Starling let me edit the info for companies then it would be ideal as there are far too many ugly entries at present.

4 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Starling Feedback

i’ve just added my starling card to android pay and it was a doddle, no issue’s.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Tandem Feedback

IMG_1462

Wow, real time spending alerts! :joy:

1 Like

I just posted almost the same the same thing over at Starling :slight_smile:

Shows legacy institutions are waking up though.

Screenshot_20170905-210346

A post was merged into an existing topic: Starling Feedback

Be interesting to see how many more legacy banks will follow.

1 Like

Just used my American Express card for the first time since that update and switching it on.

It didn’t work. Didn’t get a notification.

1 Like
4 Likes

That title makes that sounds like big news for consumers but according to [paywall :scream:] the WSJ -

Square’s consumer-facing initiatives, including its digital money-transfer service, Square Cash, and its recently launched installment-loan business, would remain separate from the bank.

& they’re focusing on

offer[ing] loans and deposit accounts to small businesses.

for now anyway :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yup same here, I was getting all excited until I paid then nothing happened, it definitely works when you do Apple Pay payments but not card payments :confused:

Dutch bank ‘bunq’ are currently the target of a large DDOS attack (over 15gb/s)

1 Like