Collected thoughts on card design

Anyone had any experiences using Zing by HSBC?

Is it a good product?

Can you have separate currency accounts to receive payments into and make payments from?

You can only add money with GBP & EUR, and convert it to other currencies. No account number for other currencies for receiving payment.

Not for converting currencies for sure, but interesting to have a Diners Club/Discover in the UK. Is the BIN a UK one? Wondering as the top-up options don’t seem to be EU rather than UK ones (Sepa etc.).

I’m also interested because it appears to allow you access to Priority Pass for a ‘discounted’ fee per visit. It’s just not clear what that fee is.

Just a prepaid card. Haven’t looked closely at the fees but don’t think they’re especially competitive. Opened it to see what the cards were like, rather than any intention to use it seriously.

I think you are describing HSBC Global Money.

Zing say that you can currently deposit money in GBP and/or their EUR wallets

1 Like

650824, which some lookups seem to think is UK and others US - I presume UK is correct.

I was trying to describe Zing but you are right. I missed EUR.

Okay thanks for clarifying.

I’m trying to work out how it differentiates from HSBC Global Money.

I’m trying to find an account/finance provider that actually gives you a separate EUR account number etc.

Any recommendations?

Wise gives you an IBAN for Euro accounts if that works?

1 Like

Revolut or Starling - but I think Starling isn’t accepting applications for them at the moment.

True, though if the OP happened to have a Starling GBP account already I think he could still open a Euro one.

Yes, looks like it’s the first UK issued Discover card. Don’t think there’s been one of those before.

Here’s a new one that got advertised to me on social media: Bourgeois Bohème Fintech. A lifestyle membership only fintech with some interesting benefits (and prices).

Debutant - Monthly fee €15
bougus-boheme

Members Star - Annual fee €5.500
member-metal

Member Legend - Annual fee €40.000

2 Likes

Very light on detail, verging on scam.

4 Likes

AT BOURGEOIS BOHÈME, SECURITY IS MORE THAN A REGULATORY REQUIREMENT, IT IS OUR COMMITMENT.

Oh that’s OK then, as long as you commit to it.

4 Likes

Nice-ish card.

Can’t wait to read about Mr X in Times Money who lost their entire life savings to them.

Can you imagine the demands on here if Monzo had a £40,000 a year fee product.

1 Like

This can only make sense if the gold card is a 1kg gold bullion.

EMD/PSD licence + expensive card - screams money laundering (or even sanctions dodging) hazard