Collected thoughts on card design

Ah that’s disappointing lol.

My card is embossed. Monzo seem to be stuck between either two card suppliers or mixed stock. Very strange.

1 Like

On the subject of embossed cards, the differentiator of the FD Gold Credit Card is the embossed numbers are gold as the card is their standard black card. I am old enough to remember when their Gold Card was actually Gold.

2 Likes

Mine says ICA 17704 TAG SYSTEMS above the mag stripe.

Interesting, I have just checked my Embossed Card and it says “IDEMIA 8 08/23”

Mine is the same

It must be a roll out for new customers or a phased A-B testing on the reception of the cards. Idk

They currently have an offer to get the cards for free.

interesting - what does the back of the black card look like - presuming it is a Discover card?

How is the app and onboarding experience? I always worry one of these no name things will steal my details.

Yes, it is.

2 Likes

Do you happen to know what the discount is on airport lounges?

1 Like

I didn’t use an app - just the website. Slightly confusing signup as you initially only need to give a few details to get the account, but to order the card(s) you need to upgrade to “Silver” i.e. verify ID. Took them a couple of days to verify it (passport + selfie), but then I could order the cards. I think it told me it might take three weeks for free delivery, but I ordered them on the 16th and they arrived today.

Haven’t used the account for anything yet.

1 Like

Edge Up

1 Like

Are discover card accepted in the UK (London)?

I also don’t understand their fee structure.

Yes. I’ve seen the logo in loads of places.

I think they have a deal with Link so it should work in most ATMs too.

1 Like

HSBC Platinum Qantas credit card is quite nice in person. Have a family member visiting from Aus that showed me it.

As below but in person it’s sparkly.

3 Likes

Is it a bank account or a prepaid card? I wonder if it’s free abroad?

https://payz.com/account-fees-and-limits/

From classic 2.99% to VIP 1.25% :upside_down_face:

It doesn’t look good upon closer inspection. Fees are way too high!