Collected thoughts on card design

How are you finding the service with Holt’s? I’m tempted to move my banking over from Barclays and it would be interesting to hear from someone with the account already!

FORTY FKING GRAND??!?!!???!:anguished:?

I missed that bit.

5 Likes

Definitely a “can’t sit wit us” moment :joy:

1 Like

Even the properly gold card from the Royal Mint is only £19k: Raris Card | 18ct Gold Card | The Royal Mint

2 Likes

I remember the old gold Child & Co card, which was nice. Not sure why they changed it to blue as it was a separate brand and identity.

I wonder if they’ll create a new Drummonds card, given they class it as a private bank the card is literally the RBS logo with Drummonds stuck on it. Nothing like how Child & Co has been marketed and distinguished.

Reminds me of the old style RBS cards.

Anyone know if there’s any changes on the way?

Also how’s anyone getting on with Cater Allen? Seems an okay product but no overdraft and savings accounts are not instant, neither are transfers.

I doubt they’ll redesign the Drummonds card. They had a chance to do so with the switch to Mastercard but didn’t.

Cater Allen is a pile of :poop: and I’ll probably end up closing it.

2 Likes

It’s a shame they didn’t. Would’ve been nice to see it as its own brand.

Oh really. I wonder why people bank with them then. The account seems very limited.

only

1 Like

Which Santander accounts have distinct card designs? Am I right in thinking that the edge 123 and edge up cards are the same as the standard account?

I believe with the select account (Santander premier equivalent) you get the same card but with diamonds pattern instead of circles.

Here is the other red Santander card

The credit cards are then similar designs but black.

1 Like

wish monzo would use the white outline around the mastercard logo

1 Like

Anyone with Lloyds Private Banking?

What do they offer? Would you recommend them?

Another ad came up from an e-money. This time MyGuava. No good reviews, but ok card designs.

Yes, on the lower tier. The account is pretty just a free version of Club Lloyds, with higher payment limits. Once it’s open it integrates with the normal online banking etc. You get access to phone support who are quick and know what’s going on, as well as an email contact.

Beyond that, there’s a savings account that’s quite a long way away from market leading, I think preferential rates on mortgages, and access to the speciality lending and international banking services.

You also get discounted sharedealing services, but that amounts to saving £20/yr on the account fee and £1 per trade.

If you are eligible for it, I don’t see why you wouldn’t (assuming that you’re willing to spend some time on video calls to set up the account). The sharedealing offering is actually reasonable (and they’ll count iweb/hbos holdings as well), so it’s not much of a chore to keep money with them to meet the requirements.

And of course, crucially for this thread, it comes with its own debit card design.

1 Like

Anyone have a current Revolut Metal? Can’t decide which is the nicest colour.

I’ve Ultra and Gold metal cards,

Love the gold metal.

Black was a weird texture.

Have seen the rose gold a few times in the wild which isn’t too bad.

Yeah, I’m not sure about the black one. I already have the grey Premium card which is surprisingly nice for a plastic card.

1 Like

3 Likes

Amazing! I do like the gold (it makes me sad that there aren’t many ‘real’ Gold Cards left, I remember being very excited when my parents got a gold First Direct card in the mid-90s.)

1 Like