Collected thoughts on card design

I went through the flow relatively recently when my standard hot coral card expired. I thought there may have been an image of the a style card - it was the same hot coral colour but with only my name on the front that could have been thermal printed, and there were no numbers on the front of the card.

But… 1) I wasn’t sure if monzo simply hadn’t yet generated the new card number and therefore couldn’t show it and 2) the card I received was the standard old design so :man_shrugging: who knows

When monzo do finally update the hot coral card, I’m not expecting much other than thermal printing to replace embossing. I guess they might switch to vertical designs at the same time but there’s no sign of monzo going for that yet.

omfg it’s so annoying. When I cancelled Premium chat told me I can keep the card until expiry but that they can’t get rid of the notice, but I didn’t realise quite how annoying it would be :sob:

1 Like

That’s news! I believe in the past the card would self-cancel after 14 days. So that’s either a new quiet policy change or a misinformed COp (latter is more likely with Monzo).

How long ago did you cancel?

1 Like

~ a month ago, I think it was because I cancelled under the get out free clause when they changed the travel insurance.

If I recall correctly the in-app flow for cancelling said the same thing as support about the card being valid until expiry, but I might be misremembering.

Yep! Cancelling due to insurance change, let you keep your card till expiry.

2 Likes

And the nominees are

opens gold sparkly envelope ✉️

So this week, we’re going premium!

first direct gold Visa credit card
Barclays Premier Banking black Visa debit card
Santander ‘diamonds’ Mastercard debit card
NatWest Premier Banking black Mastercard credit card
Virgin Money Private black Mastercard debit card
Berliner Sparkasse black Visa credit card :sparkles::peach:
Bank of Scotland Platinum Visa debit card
This random bloke

Card of the Week Friday 04/08/23
  • first direct gold
  • Barclays black
  • Santander diamonds
  • NatWest black
  • Virgin Money black
  • Berliner black
  • Bank of Scotland platinum
  • Random bloke
0 voters
2 Likes

why can’t I vote for come dine with me man 3 times :angry:

2 Likes

Luckily I can sleep on it as I’m a little torn between two of those!

1 Like

And even more lucky that you can vote for up to three!

2 Likes

Fixed that for you. :smirk:

2 Likes

No, it is three. Vote for top three.

2 Likes

Voted for the obvious winner.

The skill is then picking the anticipated least 2 other favourites to bounce the bloke intended winner up there :rocket:

2 Likes

That was one of my choices. I nearly spat my tea out over my keyboard when came up. I’ll bet even the robot making the card laughed at it.

2 Likes

We all love a meme, but even if the Come Dine With Me bloke wins, he’s not moving forward to the play offs.

5 Likes

this election is rigged :angry:

4 Likes

This is Boaty McBoatface all over again.

6 Likes

Yeah I asked Don how to count votes. Allegedly you just make the result up, and if that becomes a problem, you dismantle the democratic institutions which are telling you that you haven’t won. Allegedly.

Edit: Sorry Don, I should have said …you dismantle the democratic institutions incite a bunch of thugs and nepotists to dismantle the democratic institutions…

Allegedly.

5 Likes

Bloke McBlokeface :trophy:

1 Like

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/cards-for-under-18s/

My Niece has a Starling Kite account/card whatever it is, my brother highly recommends it.

1 Like