Collected thoughts on card design

Completely agree about the BOS cards, if it wasn’t for that giant logo in the middle they would definitely be one of my favourites!

Come Dine with Me legend.

3 Likes
3 Likes

The joke makes sense now, thank you! :joy:

4 Likes

I can’t believe that one got approved.

1 Like

Was a similar one with someone asking for permission from Terry Crews

5 Likes

This looks like a refreshed design for HSBC China, right?

Maybe the lions are staying after all…

They might be in that part of the world as they have more significance there.

They never left over there. I doubt they’ll ever come back to the UK, shame.

Alas, over here HSBC has an identity crisis. Primary account holders receive the lion design, and supplementary card holders receive this odd hybrid.

Incidentally, at the minute there’s no differentiation in card design for HSBC Premier or HSBC One accounts.

5 Likes

Seen that portrait low poly one before, still looks like camouflage to me. Sort of thing you’d paint on a 1940’s war ship.

4 Likes

Is this because I’m ordering a different design? Or is there actually a new card design?

3 Likes

I’m not actually a fan of vertical cards. I know really they make sense as the way you use them in card machines/cash points is vertical, but I think designs look better horizontal, particularly the old HSBC lions which will never return here :frowning:

4 Likes

What card do you have and what card are you trying to order @Carlo1460?

Edit - just wondering as both Joint and Business seem to have had a makeover, whether the basic hot coral card is finally going non-embossed…

1 Like

From metal to hot coral (to rid the replace card prompt for downgrading from premium daily notification).

I’m hopeful it’s a new design akin to the USA but very unlikely.

4 Likes

Keep us posted Carlo :+1:t2:

1 Like

Maybe just confusing wording and it’s new relative to your current one in terms of design, and should just say “different” instead. But if it is an actual refresh will be keen to see it!

1 Like

An actual refresh would’ve been plastered all over here already I think. But one can hope.

4 Likes

Wonder if someone with :monzocard: gets the same message when ordering replacement? :eyes:

Yes, I’d expect so too. The business card makeover was pretty quiet but I’d expect a current account redesign to have been noticed by now. Has to happen sometime though, surely? It’s so last century.

2 Likes