Collected thoughts on card design

Yep.

2 Likes

A branch job I’m guessing

2 Likes

Yes, I recall I went in when I was visiting family in Scotland. Only took 10 minutes.

Would definitely say this card is much better looking then any of my UK cards, luckily to have this one as I have an account at HSBC HK.

What it looks like on Google wallet:

2 Likes

What happened to card of the week?

Also, are there any nice brown debit cards out there?

I’m sure there used to be a coffee bean credit card back in the day. But it’s not a colour we see often. Can’t think of one off the top of my head.

4 Likes

You could always get a late entry in over the weekend :wink:

1 Like

Sorry I forgot to organise this week, work was a bit full on. @N26throwaway if you want to post something…

2 Likes

Obviously American Express has a brown version, didn’t remember it being Harrods related though

2 Likes

I was trying to search the card design database to see if there’s an option to filter for colour for @N26throwaway but there wasn’t.

Instead, so saw an option to filter by theme and stumbled upon what must be one of the worst and cheapest design under “banknotes”

Closely followed by the second worst from the same bank:

If Google Translate is to be believed they respectively say: “money at a fix(ed price)” and “money, only money”.

Now if that doesn’t scream responsible lending!

Edit: since it’s a Sunday I thought it would be the best use of what little energy I have each day to peruse the entire “Banknotes” section of this database. Interestingly the further east and or south you go in Europe the more of these designs there are per country. Though most of them are travel money cards, and not some gaudy depiction of the country’s own currency implying infinite money.

Special mentions go to the cutesy Mono Bank (definitely not Monzo, why are you looking at us like that?) and whatever this US one is:

2 Likes

I have a new contender… for a debit card. Recent addition to my collection.

4 Likes

That cow card :cow2:

4 Likes

Nice Amex, but I found a better design

Actually, two:

Harry Styles-themed UK Amex Plat when?

5 Likes

Can that cow card be Card Of The Week please?

Someone mock up the award…

MOOOOLAH

:cow:

3 Likes

I’d move to HSBC for this card if it was in :uk:

3 Likes

I’m guilty for this for sure (hello Revolut gold), but isn’t it mad we sometimes choose a bank for its card design, and not for full offering ie app etc :sweat_smile:

Or maybe it’s just me idk.

2 Likes

Best card ever. Whoever designed this cow card deserves to be paid massive bonuses and be able to never work again.

1 Like

8 Likes

aMOOzing effort.

*I’ll get my coat

5 Likes

Hand and foot stool provided by yours truly.

3 Likes

Yes! Thanks.

Right, “moos” doing next week?