Collected thoughts on card design

This looks good. Need this to come to the personal ones now

2 Likes

Any Lloyds CC holders, have they finally refreshed their cards?

Getting in early with @j06’s “Card of the Week” (Does it need it’s own thread?)

I’m going with the card that if you could get in the UK absolutely would replace all cards. Here’s why I like it:

Portait
Nicely aligned
B-E-Autiful design
Still nods to the Lions (though I get why from accessibility this changed here)
Mastercard

HSBC

FCB208BD-0641-4AAF-8FA6-B9E68FABD452

11 Likes

Great choice. I agree this would have been a nice evolution for the Lion range of cards.

Do you actually have one of these? Or admired from afar?

2 Likes

My cashback credit card is in this style

1 Like

I wish! I believe you have to actually live over in Hong Kong to get one of these, but would love to have this as day to day spender

IMG_0733

The supplementary (additional) card for users of your HK sccount.

1 Like

Dear God, what a terrible design, makes the other card look so much better!

3 Likes

Is this hybrid real? Who gets issued that?

Looks to be a second card for the same account, what a hideous mash of good designs. The lion card is ace, as is the logo (premier, advance etc)

But the two merged together, just no

1 Like

Additional account users of your debit account in HK.

Agreed. I like both the Lion design range, and the Hexagon Kite design range. But that’s a Frankenstein of a design.

3 Likes

That is rather lovely.

4 Likes

You’re welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Another BoS design unearthed. U19’s Cashpoint card. Wonder when the cards will get their full refresh

3 Likes

Love these Bank of Scotland designs.

4 Likes

Probably my least favourite of their new designs. Just not an appealing photo for me.

I find the size and starkness of the white logo visually jarring against all of the backgrounds on the different cards it’s been used on.

I don’t really even notice the underlying photos - maybe a vision thing.

1 Like

The Bank of Scotland silver account is just the classic card. Not sure if still going to update in future but atm its the forth bridge like the classic, no writing on it tonsay its the silver card either.

Wish I could have one of these… I just upgraded to the Platinum account to get the second card that’s available to all. Do BOS have a savings account with a cash card?

I’ve also ordered a Post Office Travel card to add to the collection and feel like I’m in my 80s and don’t know what Monzo is. Will be popping the £50 back into my account through Revolut and closing the card as soon as it arrives…

1 Like