Collected thoughts on card design

New bank of Scotland savings card, these designs are up there with the best!

5 Likes

Take the huge logo out of the middle and I’d like it.

6 Likes

I think the logo makes these cards. I kind of wish the printing on them was stronger/more saturated, they feel washed out.

@callummcgowan22 how did you order it? Branch?

I don’t particularly like this photo either. There are better things they could take a photo of in Scotland. Definitely a mixed bag for this set of Bank of Scotland cards.

Ordered in the app👍🏽

Did you have one before that you were able to do it via app? Or is that option new?

Always had a savings card. Handy for the machines.

1 Like

Can order in branch then can replace through app

1 Like

Will have to get one when visiting Scotland this autumn.

In the meantime my Handelsbanken project is sadly still on hold. Hopefully by end of this week…?

I used to open Chinese bank account during visiting China, when no VISA was required.
At that time, it was super easy for foreigners to open acconut in Mainland China…

2 Likes

I mean, even back then a visa was required, it was just that a tourist visa (which most people would have) was enough. These days, not so, you need to have a long-term visa of some kind (permits a single stay over 6 months) even to open additional accounts at the same bank. During my student days (I studied abroad in China for three years) I shopped around quite a bit for banks, but ended up settling on these to keep after my departure:

As an aside, the bottom right one is from a Korean bank called KEB-Hana. I have accounts with them in three countries- Canada, China, and Japan.

From this picture, you can tell two things:

1. The concept of brand consistency seems to be entirely foreign to them.

2. Japan seems to have gotten the short stick in the card design department. It’s also the first card I’ve ever gotten where my name was printed the same size as the numbers.

1 Like

Love that deer one!

1 Like

Every time I see people and their foreign cards, I really envy them!

1 Like

Oh, that one’s actually a limited run card. It was a collab with the Beijing Palace Museum.

1 Like

Japan seems to have gotten the short stick in the card design department.

That’s true.
Almost everyday I am crying for poor designed cards in Japan.
For example, they rarely care the size of EMV chips.
Even now, 90% of the new issued card in Japan have 8pin EMV chips.
It is a few years ago that IDEMIA estblished JP branch and start providing good designed card with 6pin EMV chips…

2 Likes

It was a collab with the Beijing Palace Museum.

When I am searching for Chinese cards by Baidu instead of Google, I envy that they can issue a lot of designed cards due to large population and demands.

Not only China but also India starts issuing a lot of unique designed cards with RuPay…

Don’t know if this one counts…

1 Like

It looks good. Hotel keycard?

Yeah, Novotel. Made of wood!

1 Like

Oh I like that! I was wondering recently if they could make bank cards out of wood, I’ve never seen one.