Collected thoughts on card design

Made of actual aeroplane is very cool. Good work @ndrw

Open invitation for next week’s CotW. Do you have a rarity? Or a burning desire to praise the RBS shed? Get in touch on DM, or I’ll ask someone.

1 Like

(Just in case it’s been missed in the other thread)

3 Likes

Someone on Reddit polished their Revolut metal card.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Revolut/comments/14uttib/i_polished_my_revolut_metal_card/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

3 Likes

I’ve seen a few do this in the past, not sure I’m a fan, I’d just ask Revolut nicely if I can have a replacement :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Are RBS not getting rid of that shed now they’ve purple.

1 Like

Have a few new cards since I was last in here and slowly rotated out a few I was less fond of.

I very much like the Amex Platinum look and feel, it somehow feels far more premium than I expected. Have had a few issues with the contactless on it but nothing stopping me using it in a place it’s actually supported.

Looking forward to seeing one of the new joint account cards and I’ve got a UV light coming soon so might try and get some nice photos of some cards too.

footer_img

The Australian Virgin Money card is pretty fine right? Would love to see the colours in the real world.

Much nicer than
MO
NEY

13 Likes

Nice card and I agree. A card of the week contender, perhaps

5 Likes

I’m glad they don’t have the same horrid font the UK has. It’s one reason I wouldn’t use them!

2 Likes

Next card of the week coming on Friday…

3 Likes

So much better than the embossed card. I assume the personal card will go this way eventually.

9 Likes

Monzo car? Best not sell it they won’t let you buy another one. :wink:

6 Likes

Haha thanks :smiling_face: edited

1 Like

I got mine the other day! So nice. Well done to the team.

Also. Hope the personal coral card goes this way too.

3 Likes

The two dots bottom left, I assume for an accessibility feature to know which way the pin is? I’ve never seen that on another card I don’t think, normally they do the cutout thing

1 Like

It differentiates between the Personal and Joint cards - from a touch-only angle.

3 Likes

A number of cards now have the braille dots, sometimes as well as a notch.

Yes, but they all have them in different places. You’d have thought that all the banks would have agreed on a common system for the number of dots, and where to place them.

1 Like

The shape of the notch will become standard on Mastercard depending on the type of card.

I hope the dots are not standardised so that disabled users can actually differentiate between bank cards from different institutions. They’re the last thing you’d want standardised, otherwise every bank’s joint debit card feels the same etc.

5 Likes

A HSBC card just issued in Singapore. Still retains the old lion design

9 Likes