Collected thoughts on card design

Nice picture! I had a play about with a photo of the bridge I took at night and made a mockup of a BOS card. This is what I mean when I say “more bridge and less pillar” :smile:.

boscard@0.75x

Blurred as it’s obviously not a real design…

8 Likes

That would be a nice Premier card…

6 Likes

Great!

1 Like

Thats actually a really nice card! Agree it would suit private or platinum

Bumping this thread back up- I just moved to Japan for work and got my first numberless card.

It’s an “all-in-one” card; with the physical card I have to go into my banking app to switch between “credit mode” and “debit mode” depending on if I want to use the linked credit line (and corresponding benefits like purchase protection and overseas travel insurance) or debit funds from my savings account. With Apple Pay, however, the payment mode (which logo’s network is used) determines funding- pay with Visa contactless and it follows whatever I’ve chosen in the app, but if I use iD (local contactless payment system) it’s always treated as debit.

12 Likes

Ok so maybe I do want that gold Revolut card :eyes:

Debit and credit in one is a pretty cool idea. I suppose we already have that with Curve in a way, but an actual bank doing it is cool

1 Like

The gold Revolut card looks nowhere near as good as that one.

I really hope this is what Chase wind up doing. I wish it’s what Monzo did for flex as well.

2 Likes

Whut? :eyes:

That Japanese one is not for me :confused: reminds me of a fuel card I’ve seen in the past.

2 Likes

THE GOLD REVOLUT CARD LOOKS NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS THAT ONE!

Have to type something here because Monzo won’t let me shout if I don’t. :joy:

1 Like

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

2 Likes

As a proud gold metal Revolut card owner I much prefer it to the Japanese card. :smirk:

5 Likes

An odd card from my homeland that you all might appreciate…

CIBC used to have the Double Double Visa, with a button on the front that let you choose between using it as a Visa Credit Card (earning 1% Tim’s Cash with each purchase), or using it to redeem your Tim’s Cash at a Tim Hortons cafe. Peak Canadian innovation, in my opinion :wink:

IMG_2772

12 Likes

A card with a lightup choice, imagine getting that wrong and then wanting to start again :joy:

2 Likes

Tim Hortons is gross, tried it once, don’t think I’ll be going back.

6 Likes

TQ6VrOsf_400x400
I’ve not tried it but I assume it’s equivalent to attacking Greggs

6 Likes

Meanwhile with my Japanese card, I make my choice of paying credit/debit/rewards in the app instead of on the card (yes, I can set my card to debit from any rewards I’ve earned as well instead of having to manually redeem points). It looks like this:

Swipe the bar under the payment mode you want to use, then tap or insert the card.

Also, yes, Tim’s is not great. In North America, at least. They’re surprisingly decent in Asia (stores in China and Thailand).

EDIT: Also, Gold Revolut card as in that limited edition one plated with real gold? I took one look at it and decided it wasn’t worth the cost given it didn’t come with any extra features in-app.

5 Likes

More like a Road Chef.

2 Likes

Greggs is nasty.

3 Likes

You’re dead to me.

Way to flex :laughing:

1 Like

4 Likes