Collected thoughts on card design

If you’ve tried it in the UK, you’ve experienced a bastardisation of that beloved brand and I can only apologise on behalf of Canada.

(But yeah the coffee isn’t fantastic)

1 Like

Yeah it was a breakfast wrap. Instant off. Went in the bin. Waste of £8

1 Like

Totally agree. The places in the UK where I’ve had their drinks, they’ve never mixed the powders properly. I’ve had several drinks that were powdery.

Food is equally poor.

We recently got a Tim Horton’s in our locality.
Because of the hype, a few of us gave it a try, and yes, it is awful.
Maybe one day we’ll get to Canada and try the real thing.

2 Likes

Is Monzo changing the colour of their card??

The current one in Apple Pay and real life leans more towards a pinkish coral, whereas the one in app leans more towards an orange colour

2 Likes

Monzo have never had a consistent card colour – it’s always been all over the place.

But indeed I believe the new design language means a slightly different card hue in graphics – I doubt it’ll carry over to real life given:

a) Monzo are deathly afraid of people reordering cards
b) they can’t make their card manufacturers get the colour right like every other bank can (or just don’t care)

7 Likes

This is why the coral card is still embossed.

7 Likes

With almost all banks now printing the numbers at the back, could it be more unique and nice for Monzo to keep the coral card embossed? :astonished::grinning:

Not sure what I think though, just a thought…

1 Like

Thoughts on my new Curve Black Rose Gold?

Didn’t really care to get it but took it for free - few marks after a week away sat behind another card in the wallet.

Mastercard logo is a bit meh.

Subscribed to it with cashback via Plutus to cover my travel insurance requirements.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Nooooooo. The embossed coral card is bloody awful. It looked cheap and nasty when I opened my account in 2018 and it certainly doesn’t compare well to other banks’ offerings five years on.

5 Likes

It might be awful, but for a long while it was Monzo’s unique selling point. The minute they drop the embossed card and start printing the numbers on the back instead, several million customers will mysteriously lose their cards and order replacements.

3 Likes

If they ever get rid of the embossed numbers I wonder if they’ll just bite the bullet and replace them or do something like replace faulty/lost cards with existing card stock and only issue new style ones to new customers or cards that reach their natural expiry date. Or they could do a Revolut and offer the new style as a paid option.

5 Likes

Like literally every other bank does when updating their design. This reluctance to change is just another Monzo quirk

5 Likes

I imagine it’s more about priorities and money.

Firstly, there’s more important things to be getting on with right now.

Secondly, when the data suggests that unembossed cards will be overall cheaper (taking into account cost of change and the inevitable lost cards) then I think we’ll see changes.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure the easy way around that is to simply send the old design if a card is reported as lost or stolen, and the only circumstance a new design is sent is at natural expiry or new customers. Impossible to game, and uses up old stock.

5 Likes

It would be nice to see them bring in numberless cards, like you know who. :eyes:

3 Likes

I like the card design for it’s unique colour but to be honest it degrades quite easily. Now yes I’ve had my Monzo debit for almost 2 years now but when I first got it, after around 1 month of being in a wallet the numbers started to fade and it doesn’t feel that durable.

While I mainly use Google Pay the card is not easy to lose, it’s a bright red coral colour.

My fee-free foreign spending wallet for my upcoming US trip (apart from the Amex ironically):

5 Likes

How many cards are you expecting to use?

1 Like