CitizenCard

To be fair I’ve never had an issue and I’ve changed my address literally 10/11 times

1 Like

Very odd. I don’t know it’s it’s the driver number it’s not liking, or what, but it keeps saying:

I am just stupid and not reading… It states on the Forename field to include Middle names :smiley:
Stupid system

1 Like

I take my word back then

1 Like

For me it wouldn’t accept my passport details to update my photo on renewal so had to do it at a Post Office branch with… interesting results.

1 Like

Interesting, because my passport is up for renewal, i’ll have to keep an eye out for that

Sorry, that was passport details for my driving licence renewal. Should’ve been clearer.

I suspect it could be because I had to sign my passport so there was no signature to retrieve? Though DVLA never explained why.

1 Like

Oh, I see what you meant, sorry - Did you change that much that you deemed it necessary? this is the first time i’m doing it (change of address). I have to post my old one to the DVLA… that’s gonna be fun :smiley:

I’m very annoyed I renewed my old one without an expiry date for the new holographic one only to realise it only lasts 3 years :angry:

They say this but I’ve never posted an old one back to them in my life.

2 Likes

I have about 6 at home somewhere :joy:

1 Like

It’s not that onerous. Get the scissors out, cut it in half, into an envelope, 2nd class stamp and done.

1 Like

This. I got my provisional in 2011 as another form of ID as I didn’t want to worry about carrying my passport around… I ended up learning to drive a few years later and got my full licence back in 2016, currently don’t have a car but it’s handy having my licence in my purse just in case, and I think I also used it when I opened up my Monzo account :slight_smile:

Lol I almost fell for it myself then I realised what they were trying to do. Extremely sneaky. :grin:

1 Like

My old card still works on https://verify.citizencard.com/ :eyes:

I should probably just sort out a provisional at some point though, CitizenCard + passport whenever needed has worked fine but the renewal cost every 3 years is more than a 10 year provisional

2 Likes

Yeah to be fair in your case it’s definitely more cost effective to just bite the bullet and get a provisional license.

1 Like

I’d definitely recommend a provisional over a third party solution that no one seems to accept

4 Likes

In all fairness I’ve not had any issues with acceptance, would have a provisional already if it gave me problems. I originally got it for something like £10 through my college ~8 years ago, and I’ve never had a shop/pub (or indeed polling station in the local elections) turn me away.

Wouldn’t have it as my only form of ID (need my passport to open bank accounts to collect debit cards :eyes:), but for something I just leave in my wallet for the odd occasion I need ID it does the job just fine.

1 Like

I mean, that’s fair enough, I only tried it In an EE shop as I needed a new Sim card that day, They wouldn’t accept it as ID. So I gave up and got a Provisional license. Thinking that the card was useless

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.