Chase Bank UK chat

All sorted and got the call back.

I did ask what the issue was and he wouldn’t say just it might by the fact i have 2 middle names…

That is excellent Customer Service…

3 Likes

They have a small customer base at present so multiple colleagues waiting for a whisper in their ear for a call to come through sat in availability… such is my life (also work for a bank) :joy:

3 Likes

Can’t blame them… if only all companies started slowly…

I have built call centres including in Manila, from an IT POV, and its always nerve racking to see if it all works… and to watch Ops make sure it all works from a process POV…

But fair play to them…

It did feel like old style Citi , friendly empowered staff…and 1st impressions count.

2 Likes

Reminds me of First Direct - I’ll try the in-app support and ask a basic question, see how quick the reply is, Monzo is generally 4 hours regardless of the question (it used to be within minutes, 30 mins tops)

1 Like

I sent a query via Chase chat and they replied within 7 minutes which is pretty fair, probably got a huge influx of queries at the moment.

Probably more from people who didn’t read about the account first before applying and misunderstand the functionality then complain something isn’t working like other banks have…

I did send money to one of the additional accounts and I got the notification saying I’d been paid, though no amount shown which is semi annoying but also a bit of privacy in there; both a pro and a con.

I got a reply from Chase UK…

Apologies for the delay in response. Your smart phone will need to have access to Google Play on android 8.1 and above. However some devices are not supported due to hardware limitations.

Despite it being very obvious I only knew this based on my email to them, they decided to just send a copy and paste answer. Brilliant.

They basically said your phone isn’t up to scratch to accommodate the app.

I’m not sure what more they could have specifically added other than buy a newer phone but then that could’ve opened all kinds of complaints :joy:

7 Likes

They could have specified what the hardware requirements are because they must be pretty high considering my phone can run basically everything else apart from Chase UK.

They also don’t allow you to reply directly to the email. You have you click on a link to some other webpage, but I don’t know what that is because it doesn’t load.

I did a chat that was answered like a minute later, and when the chap didn’t know the answer he said he was off to ask the team and would get back to me.

And he did about 5 mins later, and it was the same person. That felt good to not be passed around.

4 Likes

If you go to the play store link on a desktop when signed in to your Google account it should give you the option to install on your devices, does it let you choose your phone?

Otherwise, in the play store,

Click icon in the top right and click settings, then general > account and device preferences > in the country and profiles section is the UK selected?
Might be worth checking on all Gmail accounts you have on the phone.

Also in play store settings> click about > play protect certification and see if it says certified.

1 Like

Thank you but all of that is how they are meant to be. I even went through it with the Google Play store support who couldn’t identify what the problem is.

Support answered within 5 minutes, no plans to bring in more than 1 virtual card :frowning: - hope that changes.

2 Likes

Maybe try a custom rom like lineageOS?

1 Like

Ok ,

But If you haven’t I would try the first option that I wrote , it’s worked for me when a friend couldn’t install an app on his Huawei(mate 20 pro).

It was WhatsApp of all things which should have been supported.:man_shrugging:

1 Like

But at the end of the day, it is a Monzo board. To be honest I’m surprised that Monzo allow so much discussion about the competition. You might say that the board belongs to the community, but I think that would be a bit naive. Surely most of the posters are Monzo staff and Monzo customers. Isn’t the best place to discuss Chase on a Chase forum? Is there one?

As you can see from my ‘title’, I am an investor. However, I am only nominally still a customer, maintaining a £1 balance. The reason for that is that I moved my affairs elsewhere, because I didn’t particularly enjoy the Monzo ethos, attitude to closing accounts, and the customer service function was appalling. I maintain a presence to see if anything has changed. I am still an investor, and never say never.

2 Likes

We have many of their competitors on discussion here and they’ve been going for years have some of those threads, if they didn’t allow it, they’d have manually closed them

4 Likes

You’re not the only one. My Android does not work, but luckily my iOS tablet does. FWIW I have emailed the developer, as per the app details - I can download the icon, but not the actual app.

1 Like

Thanks again for those who are helping, but I’ll probably just not bother signing up. Their customer support on this issue has put me off.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few people on Twitter mention it as well. I have sent another email to Chase about it so hopefully they bother to investigate it further. I am also waiting for a response from the developer as well. If I don’t get a response from them in the next 22 hours, I can contact Google Play about it for them to investigate (or at least they say they will).

It works with Apple Pay, so I guess we none Apple folks will have to use the card for now.