Chase Bank UK chat

There’ll be a publicity campaign before the credit card rolls out - they wouldn’t just quietly make it available.

3 Likes

Sad news!

3 Likes

I wonder what went wrong

A smidgen of user research?

2 Likes

You’re not missing much, most PayPoints refuse to allow you to pay into Monzo, so Chase will be no different

5 Likes

I would suspect charges for the service.

So, Paypoint wanting to charge end users for taking payments, Chase not wanting to charge their users? They may be also some underlaying technical connection that they couldn’t sort out?

I think the Post Office solution has a limited ‘window’ for when banks can apply? So, if they’ve missed that, they need to wait until the Post Office runs the campaign again to join it (and that’s only if by then the Post Office haven’t arrested all their post masters because their computer says they’re stealing…)

3 Likes

Paypoint already charge users for taking payments, the bank just passes it on to the user, at least Monzo do - it’s honestly no hardship to use a bank as a front that can pay in/withdraw at the post office, takes a couple seconds to transfer

1 Like

Where did you see this?

Of course, but they’d probably need to roll out some updates before an announcement if it was going to have same day availability. I’m remaining hopeful it’ll be along this month.

They sent it in a general update email.

Ah fair enough!

1 Like

My wonder is what happens after March 31 with the cashback …

1 Like

I asked the live chat but I don’t fully think they know what they are doing. This is what they said

I understand the confusion Aydan. If you’re eligible for monthly cashback, you can earn cashback for up to 12 more months. For us to make sure if how you will qualify again, have you checked if it’s showing a new documentation about your eligbility for March?

I sent them the screenshot and they just said you should have it after march but who knows

1 Like

It’s still a while away realistically. I would expect more to come mid this month with details if it’s continuing.

Fair enough. Well let’s update each other on any advancements. I’m excited. For me I want the credit card!
But it needs to be really good!

1 Like

Got info from a senior support person

Yes, the cashback will expire on the month of March, 2024 as we will introduce a new cashback on the month of April 1st, 2024. In the month before, you need to credit £1,500 into your Chase current or savings account (internal transfers excluded) and have 2 or more active direct debits across any of your Chase current account. Next month, you can earn 1% cashback on eligible debit card spend, up to £25 p/m and with no fixed end date on the offer.

5 Likes

That sucks…

Just a bit….

I hope the actual terms of this includes savings accounts.

5 Likes

I doubt they will care after letting DD get set up on those accounts.