Chase Bank UK chat

I agree, but it could be worse having experienced what most other banks do. Either walls of poorly formatted text, a single poorly described button that links to the statement (:wave: Monzo), or they turn it into a product marketing opportunity.

I also suspect the computer instructions are a set template for the inevitable web app down the road too.

2 Likes

When you CASS the secondary account, what do you put for card number when they ask? Do you put yes that you have one or you put that you didnā€™t

1 Like

I havenā€™t tried it personally, but @Nicbrown has CASSd an account which I think completes today, so perhaps they will be able to shed some light on that for you?

1 Like

Can you CASS the savings accounts too? You can CASS the old DD capable Coventry Building Society savings accounts so no reason why in principle you couldnā€™t do it for Chase savings too.

I donā€™t think people has had success with that, only thing I am aware of is that if you have multiple current accounts with Chase, you will be able to switch one of them out, and it will close that one, but you will still have access to the other current accounts you have open with Chase.

Was that ever confirmed? I know on one forum, one poster was due to complete switch this past week, and post result.

1 Like

On Twitter

Hi @??? We have a credit card in the works, and this should be available soon. Watch this space for updates on products and offers! - Cat

1 Like
4 Likes

I said yes and put the card number provided in the app :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops I put no, oh well it should be fine hopefully cos Iā€™m not switching out the current account the card is ā€œattached toā€

1 Like

You can now add the Chase current account, savings account and round-ups to Snoop.

2 Likes

Yup, the Open Banking API has finally made its way to the wider audience. Iā€™m guessing Snoop also uses MoneyHub, because Lumio and a good few others use it too. But it works the the latter two firms

1 Like

So Chase sent me an email yesterday to announce theyā€™d joined CASS.

What I was surprised about, and thought was a good change, was how upfront they were with with the limitations of the account in the email for those considering using CASS.

Good news: you can now move your current account from another bank or building society to us, using the Current Account Switch Service.

How it works

• It takes 7 working days
  • Weā€™ll move your regular payments, Direct Debits and standing orders
  • Itā€™s free, and you can set it up for a day that suits you, up to 30 days in advance
  • Weā€™ll move your balance and planned payments for you, and ask your old bank to close your account

Just so you know, you canā€™t take out an overdraft, pay in cash or cheques, or make international payments from your Chase current account.

Iā€™d normally expect the info in the ā€˜Just so you knowā€™ bit to be hidden behind an "* terms and conditions linkā€¦

7 Likes

Itā€™s doing this little things different and better that I really loved. Itā€™s also one the key things Iā€™d hoped to see out of the fintech revolution that was never quite realised.

Itā€™s also not something you can really raise or criticise on the internet without someone defending the old ways with itā€™s your fault u didnā€™t read the smallprint lol

These things shouldnā€™t be worthy of praise, they should just normal. But with no one else doing it, you kinda have to applaud it when it does happen.

Well done, Chase :clap:

7 Likes

Itā€™s good of them to be up front, especially when the account is limited in this way.

1 Like

I agree, I canā€™t fault their communication style at all.

has anyone seen any reliability issues with Chase + Google Pay/Wallet/whatever they call it?

Over the past few weeks whenever Iā€™ve held my phone over the card reader at Tesco it just doesā€¦nothing. Even if I have the google pay app opened with the chase card displayed. And yes Iā€™ve checked that ā€œContactlessā€ payment is turned on for the card, as it is for all of the others

At first I thought it was just google pay being rubbish OR tescoā€™s card readers being crap, so Iā€™ve just dove into my bag to use the physical card instead which has worked fine.

Today though I forgot my wallet but had my phone and the same thing happened at Tesco, just no reaction from the google wallet app. I swiped to choose a different card (amex) and it worked instantly which leads me, at least from a sample size of 1 occasion, my phone is fine but thereā€™s something not working right with the Chase card.

I decided to try removing/adding the card again and this took a few attempts when authorising/alowing the card to be added to google pay through the chase app because it kept on bailing out with an error or timeout. Eventually it worked but Iā€™m not sure I trust it.

I think itā€™s Tesco more than your phone or Chase, my dad had issues with his physical Chase card in Tesco and they told him theyā€™ve updated some systems and some cards are being rejected or not recognised.

Unless youā€™re seeing the same thing outside of Tesco tho in which case I donā€™t know.

Hm yeah Iā€™ve not tried it elsewhere.

Interesting to know though, I remember a month or so back I was buying a gift card at the till and it didnā€™t go through, and the checkout assistant said theyā€™d just updated to a new system and were having all sorts of issues - so wondering if itā€™s related

EDIT: although interesting that your Dadā€™s chase card was also seeing issues - whenever Iā€™ve used the physical card itā€™s been ok.

1 Like

A friend of mine has exactly the same problem happen with Tesco self checkouts, but with his Monzo card in Google Pay. It could be an Android/Tesco thing? I never seem to have a problem with Apple Pay and Tesco

1 Like