Chase Bank UK chat

Account fully opened, savings moved from Marcus.

Now, to decide to use it as my spending card or not - the 5% on round ups is a nice sweetener.

2 Likes

Just as a warning for anyone who’s considering closing their chase account, I thought I’d see if there was any flex in the 12 month no re-opening clause.

There isn’t :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d just leave it dormant, rather than close it - no downfall to leaving it open if needed

9 Likes

Yes, I’ll go back three months and tell myself that :joy:

But good advice for others.

2 Likes

Good to know anyway, so thank you. hope you get to open your account again soon

1 Like

You gave it <24 hours to decide Monzo was better for you, next time you might leave the account dormant rather than rush to close.

7 Likes

I love a good flounce-delete on the internet though.

5 Likes

It’s weird that it is. I’ve travelled to quite a few places and never had any issues.

1 Like

We all learn haha :joy:

2 Likes

Serious FOMO rn :smiley:

1 Like

Well lets hope they don’t decide to stop re-opening accounts or allowing previous customers to open a new one like Monzo have.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be too concerned - this rate sounds great & would have been 6 months ago - but with current inflation it isn’t

Of course - this is the same across the board and a little more is better than nothing - but it’s not like it’s going to deliver passive income to which you can quit your job! (Correct me if I’m wrong!)

2 Likes

Oh I know. It’s more the general UI that I preferred but that’s a moot point till September at least.

Just used my Chase card for the first time in months at Aldi, no merchant logo… :woozy_face:

1 Like

They should do what bunq do and just keep your accounts sitting there in the background

2 Likes

I don’t know of anyone who would close their chase account LOL.

1 Like

Really? Monzo never made me aware of this, I’ll just leave it dormant. Seems a bit harsh to permanently ban people had an account

Seems like chase additional accounts and savings accounts are really good.

I like that that have sort code and account number to do direct debits against them. And send/receive money directly into them. But also to schedule things.

Closed my pots in Monzo and moved to savings accounts in chase. Same thing, and has higher interest. Plus for upcoming direct debits made scheduled payments from chase savings to Monzo. Before I move direct debits over.

Now I am starting to question why I use Monzo. Cause it not longer fulfils any needs not done elsewhere.

1 Like

Chase must have done some merchant logo updates for the direct debits as mine are now mostly showing as logos:

6 Likes

Thread here talking about it.