Changing interest rates within Monzo

More info from @bukisule over here:

11 Likes

Oaknorth now in at 3% too, will be interesting to see what Shawbrook come up with 3.01 no doubt :rofl:

5 Likes

OakNorth has creeped up to 3.02% now.

4 Likes

Extra £2 more a year for £10,000 held

3 Likes

Unless Monzo decide to do something, it’ll be back to Chip I go, as loyal as I am, I will go wherever the rate is best

2 Likes

Amazing if rates could be 3.4% as well but Ofc Monzo has to think about whether or not it’s suitable for them

2 Likes

It’s a very different decision for a bank with a range of considerations, and a Robo investor service in a massively competitive market.

For a bank, 3% instant access is good business, at a decent margin

2 Likes

I’m trying to work out what interest rate the easy access pots would have to offer to convince me to bother moving the money from the 3% instant access pot.

I wouldn’t move it for 3.1% and I would move it for a 3.5%. So I know it’s a rate somewhere inbetween. I know every .1% makes a difference, but it’s such a faff shifting the money around all the time.

2 Likes

3.05% now from Paragon.

2 Likes

Monzo savings just went to 3.2%

18 Likes

Glad to see it’s automatic

4 Likes

I saw this thread bumped and fully expected it to be someone asking when it would go up, I didn’t expect them to increase the rate within an hour of the announcement.

Good work, Monzo.

15 Likes

Also now showing within the app (including the safety net pots)

1 Like

Was there an announcement? I see the different rate if I go looking for it but haven’t had an email / splash in app.

(More importantly: well done the 'zo).

1 Like

I got it in a email

3 Likes

Great communication from them too. See it in app and had an email :+1:

4 Likes

niiiiiiiiiiiiice

1 Like

got the email but its not updated in my app on either of the pots :frowning:

1 Like

Close to my Zopa accounts now (3.21%), though they yet to move.

1 Like

It was a BOE increase of 0.25 % hoped to get the full increase passed on :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like