For me, the ideal system would be:
• opt-out default to cashback scheme (it’s not for everyone)
• non-intrusive ‘invisible’ cashback experience
• cashback credited to cashback pot
• no requirement to register for individual time-limited offers
• no push notifications of cashback offers
• no polluting of transaction feed with cashback offers
• separate page listing cashback opportunities
Essentially, I would like to see cashback being a seamless, frictionless experience. If I spend somewhere that offers cashback, that gets automatically sent to the cashback pot. A notification that I’d recieved £n cashback from ACME Corp. would be acceptable.
I don’t want to have to register for time-limited offers like I have to with AMEX.
That’s my thoughts on the matter.