Cash Deposits and Withdrawals

I’ve never understood this apparent sacrificial aspect of Monzo use. The benefit of this being one bank among many is the freedom to choose the ‘best tool for the job’ in any circumstance that arises.

I think people get torn between wanting to support a new “challenger” in the banking space, getting caught up in the hype (especially if you are a frequent visitor of the forums/follow their social media), and “sacrificing” some of your own money (through fees) in the name of “sticking it to the high street banks”, so to speak…

I understand the “having everything in one place” argument to a degree - But only if it doesn’t cause you genuine financial loss.

Monzo has done an immense job of “rallying the troops” though word of mouth and social media (this forum included) - If you did a blind “feature comparison” against other banks, it would likely place somewhere in the middle (people’s own needs could put it higher or lower, depending on what they were).

So the number of customers it has, the amount it’s raised through crowdfunding (and the number of people investing) is all a massive coup for Monzo.

But with that, you are going to get the “fans” for want of a better word, and these fans enjoy the status that #FullMonzo brings them :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The idea of using PayPoint to deposit cash into Monzo account I feel isn’t fit for purpose right now.

Firstly a lot of the small retailers who run PayPoint services are ‘selective’ in who they wish to take cash and deposit money on Monzo. I’ve had instances where retailers have told me their system is down (when it’s not) or that their store has reached its limit of accepting cash on system to deposit into Monzo.

I also don’t understand why there’s a 180 day limit of £1,000 cash deposit?! If Monzo were to join up with Post Office service whereby customers can deposit cash (real time) to Monzo account by use of Monzo debit card…and customers are able to withdraw cash as well if needed.

There would be no need for any limits for cash deposits / withdrawals made via Post office!

Hi,

I’m assuming that it’s just cash deposits that have a £1000 limit every 180 days? As for getting funds wired monthly to you’re account by a benefits system or a company like PayPal for using eBay or even friends and family transferring money into you’re account, I take it there won’t be any low limits or restrictions for these things I have mentioned?

Kind regards,

Murker

Hey Murker,

You can see your limits through Account:

And it should be at the bottom:

2 Likes

Ooh, someone who actually uses their physical Monzo card :grin: