Bó (Natwest/RBS challenger brand) chat

Yeah just spotted it. Getting spoofed warning on that bo.money. SPF/DKIM pass, DMARC fail :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Been using the card last few days now! I really like it!

Can you share a few screenshots of the app? I’m interested to see.

1 Like

Can you give a couple of ‘for instances’ about why you like it please?

1 Like

Just added m,yself to the waiting list (!). Should be interesting to see what their full offer is, ex-Beta

Hi @Lewisoc

What are you using it for?

I’m just currently using it to test it out and see what it’s like
Also as I don’t currently have a visa card (just Monzo and credit cards)
The Bó website is live now with screenshots

1 Like

It just has one image of the app unless I just can’t see the page with each section listed?

2 Likes

UI not at all nicked from starling :laughing: :eyes:

Looks promising though, moves like this really do make me wonder how much legs monzo have left.

May have been mentioned, but apparently RBS looked at acquiring monzo but went down this route instead

Well they do have a :handshake: in helping NatWest so I would expect it to could look a bit similar.

Does anyone know if Starling are helping with interface or just backend?

App won’t let me screenshot unfortunately

Take a photo using another phone…

I’m trying to get where RBS are coming from with Bo, do they want people to switch, or are they happy to just have it as a spending card?

Lots of the ideas behind Bo look good, but I don’t want another spending card.

Bó addresses that on the front page of the website. Couldn’t be more obvious.

1 Like

The app’s in the App Store now (not sure if it was TF only before) -

1 Like

Those cash withdrawal fees are a real dealbreaker, I hate cash and rarely carry it but that would make me think twice about these guys

2 Likes

Oof, A bit painful those fees.

I don’t think I’d use Bo on the back of that to be honest.

And a £5 fee to replace your card more than twice? Even for damage… most cards I’ve ever had that get anything more than occasional use end up cracking down the mag stripe long before the expiry date.

The AppStore link for anyone interested:

Looks good!

Can’t comment for certain but when I’ve seen these kind of fees they’re just for stopping abuse and are rarely enforced.

For example Barclays charge £6 (officially) for replacing those pinSentry devices but never actually do

Looks like it’s an open beta now, I could sign up.

This is the I.d. verification , no screenshots allowed so bad quality pic

A word of note, seems to be buggy , I uploaded my license and it said a minute later that I had to upload my ID still and didn’t give the option of a license (only passport etc) , about 10 minutes later I got a text that my card is on the way, and after swiping the app shut and reopened it skipped to the next screen.

Max payment is £1k and no more than 5k in the account at a time.

Missing information like how many free cash withdrawals you have left, no fingerprint unlock, no DD or standing orders.

And they text you your pin, ask you to memorise and delete.

Maximum payment of 1k is a shame as for rentals they can pre auth 750-1k.