Bó (Natwest/RBS challenger brand) chat

Why close your eyes? Tongue out? Ok…

1 Like

I guess so they can see the that the pic isn’t off Facebook etc.

I went through the verification with absolutely no problems at all. It was very smooth and problem free!
Received the text within 10 minutes or so saying my card is on the way.

Who says you can’t take screenshots :sweat_smile:!

This is where I started as I had already downloaded the app and started the process.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t let me on Android

Their ‘more info’ on the fraud warning before a new payee is very good imo, quite impressed.

1 Like

What does Bo do with cash deposits and cheque imaging?

I clicked on their support and was put into a queue around 10 past 7. Its just now came up as chat unavailable and then took me to a splash screen saying support is only available between 8am-7pm

I opened chat 3 times each time I was connected within ~5 seconds, 3rd time was to actually contact them and even though I could see them typing , they shut the chat and sent me an email saying that it looks like i am having trouble but I was just typing a long message.

On the reply email she said she can’t see when a customer is typing.

1 Like

Nearly every app that has sensitive data on Android the devs have set the toggle to disable screenshots. Monzo is the odd one out in that you can.

iOS has no way for devs to enforce it afaik. I’m sure it’ll be added in iOS 16.

3 Likes

Looking at the whole premise for Bo, it does make me wonder how long it will take before RBS/Natwest use the technology for their own Current Accounts.

1 Like

:joy:

6 Likes

That font tho

2 Likes

I think I read somewhere that this is a pilot. If it works NatWest intend to move customers aggressively to that platform.

(Equally, I might have dreamt that. It’s been a long day).

I’ve had a look there any can’t see anything on quick glance!

1 Like

I can’t export the terms on Android (keeps failing) but it does say they can share data with credit reference agencies, but no specifics.

NatWest use all three for searching (hard search on account open) and also reports to all three.

Doesn’t mean bó will though :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Does (should) that mean that there was no hard check when opening the account?

I don’t recall them saying there would be and ‘what that means for me’

@Chapuys thanks for your extensive effort to capture the on boarding journey for us all!

I won’t be joining - it’s not a good proposition. Stick your tongue out for ID verification? I mean it is a way to verify it’s a real person but it seems a step too far.

6 Likes

Is that the sole reason?

I’ve got my card on the way. The sign up process was fairly easy and not intrusive. See how it goes.