Bó (Natwest/RBS challenger brand) chat

The Visa exchange rate for those to lazy to check :smile:

Yeah it’s odd.

Foreign spending and cash = MUCH cheaper than a NatWest debit card.

But UK cash = much more expensive.

Out of curiosity just did what 1000 euro to GBP is today

Visa is 890.24

MasterCard is 888.83

MasterCard cheaper it seems, or is Visa usually better? :thinking:

Mastercard is slightly better than Visa.

I was talking more from a fees perspective of £1 vs 3%, sorry that wasn’t clear.

1 Like

Only if you take out over £200 though. Otherwise it’s £0 vs £1 per withdrawal

True but given the break even point is only about £230 it’ll no doubt benefit a good chunk of people. That’s assuming those first 2 withdrawals aren’t free abroad too which is a bit ambiguous from the screenshots.

This is where Starling comes in useful, £300 per day compared to Monzos £200 per 30 days.

Not even close :crazy_face:

More info here, great read:

First two withdrawals per calendar month are free anywhere in the world in any currency.

It’s listed in their fee document.

2 Likes

Also says no fees at all during beta testing.

I still don’t trust anything run directly or remotely managed by RBS. cough Cattles cough

Isn’t Monzo using NatWest/RBS somewhere in the backend to run certain services? Do you trust Monzo?

Also - I noticed they have a similar fancy chip design to the Apple Card. I wonder if that’s an actual design they’re using or whether that’s just for the pictures.

Pretty certain it is only for clearing cheques and that is a part manual thing, not part of the main system

I think Monzo uses NatWest/RBS for foreign transaction transfer stuff, doesn’t it?

Edit: found it

Yes, not foreign transactions on the card, but as a correspondance bank to route foreign bank transfers.

1 Like

Very much so, i can hope they are never tainted with anything even remotely similar to what happened back in 2007-2009.

Good luck to them. I was a customer for 15 years - their app has always been pretty terrible and constantly crashed, despite numerous updates and ‘fixes’.

In my experience, their customer experience was pretty shocking. The only upside to the two times I complained was that they gave me £100 compensation each time. ‘Take the money and stop crying’.

…worked to be honest! Haha!

Anyone get an email from them today?

At the end of the update

Not long to wait now…
We’ll be in touch again very soon with something exciting

Are they going to an open beta?
Signed up for early access but not been chosen

1 Like

I’m sure I’ve recently read in a newspaper article about challenger banks something about next month.