Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2018

A cause for pause. Thanks for sharing @Gaoler.

1 Like

Hoping that Sony heavily discount their WH-1000XM3! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Would love to get my hands on a pair for a slightly less eye watering cost :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Got my Bose QC35ii for less in the Black Friday sale last year :slight_smile: Hoping to add them this year with the 1000XM3. Pricey, but absolutely essential to get any work done at my place

1 Like

Just a card indie week may be of interest to those looking to support and promote independent retailers around Black Friday

https://www.justacard.org/just-a-card-week/

2 Likes

It’s a week before my payday!!

Anyone waiting for Black Friday for a new mobile deal (cough, cough) could take advantage now.

It’s iD Mobile (Carphone Warehouse/Three) but it will be interesting if any other MVNOs copy or better them.

Pulled the trigger on a couple of Echo Dots as Amazon knocked 50% off at midnight. Will be handy for some smart home device integration.

Passed on the Fire TV as they only discounted an older model, and not by very much at that either.

(I know, I know. Replying to my own reply. How gauche.)

Just bought a new Kindle for £30 off.

Google will be selling the Home Hub for £99 (£40 off) and if I didn’t already have one, I’d buy it!

Google UK Black Friday deals

1 Like

Since black friday has become a thing here i’ve never actually found an amazing deal. They’ve all been good deals or average deals but never anything amazing sadly :frowning:

3 Likes

I think it’s mostly an excuse to get rid of old tat (E.g. Next sale) and people go mad for it.

If there’s a small discount on something I want though, I’m happy with it.

2 Likes

Not sure if Black Friday or…

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart-tech/smart-tech/smart-home/smart-lighting/philips-hue-white-and-colour-ambiance-mini-smart-bulb-b22-starter-kit-google-home-mini-chalk-bundle-10187623-pdt.html

Either way where is that 3rd bulb??

Huawei Watch 2 is almost half price on Amazon Deal of the day today. Really good deal IMO, because this is a brilliant smartwatch with Google Pay.

1 Like

I’m going to have to mute this thread or i’ll max everything :grimacing:

6 Likes

Ooh, glad this thread popped up.

Nearly bought a Firestick TV last night as my original model is on the blink a bit. Saved me a few bob there!

Bought a Kindle Paperwhite last month for £109.99. They’ve since brought out a newer version (thinner, lighter, waterproof, more storage, can play audio books on it as long as you have the right headphones) and it’s £89.99 for Black Friday. Not the end of the world, but balls.

3 Likes

What date last month? Might still be able to return it, especially if you bought from Amazon!

I believe it was on the 7th of October. Not sure if I still have the packaging for it anyhow :frowning:

Picked up two GU10 Hue bulb starter kits. Spare bridge now I guess but I’ll probably punt that on eBay or something.

Still have £40 of my gift voucher left. Need earphones. Can’t find ones I like.

I’ve sold loads, £30-£35 they go quick as well no problem

1 Like