Bitcoin General Chat

Because, as I said before, there’s no real value behind any of it. It’s a bubble built purely on supply and demand. Take away one or the other and it will plunge

1 Like

The nocoiner should be saying “It’s a bubble” in all three panels, really.

2 Likes

For those that actually care about Bitcoin and crypto it’s at a very interesting point atm.

I’m firmly in the BTFD

The only happy person in this example seems to be the nocoiner enjoying some of that süß süß Schadenfreude.

If there’s anything I’m taking away from this then it’s to sell everything and be more nocoiner.

1 Like

As they always say, past performance is not an indication of future performance.

Very much so, but it tends to rhyme

Gotta be worth throwing a 5er at today?

No amount of fancy charts and comics mocking the “nocoiners” changes the fact that it’s a bubble

2 Likes

What I don’t like is that Musk seems to have an incredible influence over all of it, without really being involved.

There’s nothing else you can invest in where someone can have this effect without having major backlash. Tim Apple can’t come out and say the next iPhone will be rubbish or Apple are going to stop/start doing something because there’s trading laws and the market doesn’t allow it. Whispers happen and news breaks about something but it’s not based on one persons opinion.

Musk has fallen foul of these before with Tesla. But this time there’s no rules for him to break. He spouts about Bitcoin or Doge and it materially changes.

If you had an early investment in Bitcoin and say you’re lucky enough to still have 10. His tweet cost you $70k!

3 Likes

Nobody like that one person has so much influence.

Nobody likes that Bitcoin has dominance over alts

Nobody wants SEC like control either. If this was stocks he would currently be facing huge fines for manipulation. But it’s a case of :person_shrugging: what can you do. Whilst you could boycott buying Tesla and shares there’s not much unfortunately that can be done.

Everything bubbles. It’s the fact you have no-coiners taking pleasure in being right everytime there’s a slight dip and go back to calling it a bubble 5mins later.

It’s like if someone kept going on about a housing bubble, and then house prices dropped and going see I told you it was a bubble, and then three months later it’s back to an ATH.

2 Likes

A bubble that made hundreds of thousands (millions?) very rich. My initial investment has been paid many many times over. About two weeks ago I cashed out a few thousand (I wanted a new iMac) and still have many more thousands still invested. If I lose it through a crash, that is ok. I am substantially up on my initial investment from many many years ago. Edit to add - I am not classifying myself as one of those who are rich from it. I am such tiny small fry compared to others.

Call it what you want (indeed I myself call it a gamble), but you do come across as somewhat bitter each time you post about it.

6 Likes

If everyone hasn’t been following this it wasnt just due to Elon btw.

About one hour before his tweet Vitalik dumped his billion+ worth of SHIB that the project team have to his wallet.

So that nuked the that, and took the market down to a critical point of support.

Just as it was about to recover that tweet came in, it was perfect timing.

Everyone who’s actually serious about Crypto could see it was deliberately done. There’s no way billions would have been invested without any DD, and you can see from past tweets he knows full well about crypto being about 80% renewable etc

The climate story is a good one for news corps to jump on without asking too many questions about direct manipulation.

I want to buy some DOGE. I want to be cool and hip and I don’t want to sit here and regret it further down the line.

I don’t want to trade it daily, or care about the tiny tiny fluctuations. I want to buy maybe £50-£100 with as little fees as possible and then hold it until my bottle goes/my girlfriend says we need xyz or I lose it all of course.

Where would be a good place to use to buy it? Won’t be using Monzo for it either!

Binance if you were serious. And if you were serious don’t.

If you did want to jump in do some DD then go for DeFi alts imo like AAVE or NFT like ENJ, or something like DOT/ADA and MATIC.

What do you think about FIL?

It’s a decent file storage project along with STORJ. Has good future potential.

The DeFi run will be hard so YFI, AAVE, SNX, INJ, ALPHA, RAMP, COMP, RUNE etc

Ha. I was serious.

To me, there seems to be so many but only a couple get any publicity and that’s what seems to drive it.

1 Like

Sure, I guess £50 thrown in with it could run again could be “fun”

The key thing to remember is market cap so at 0.41 to double your money at this point you’ll be wanting about $53 billion dollars to follow after you buy in to achieve that.

That said, unfortunately it’s not the last we’ve seen of DOGE and I’m sure we’ll see another run soon.

Considering serious blockchains like DOT and ADA have market caps of $58b and $37b currently that’s a lot of cash.

To me DOGE having gone 446% in the last month is a sign not to enter

1 Like

I’d call it a bubble any time of any day, even if it suddenly went up 250%. I just don’t care about the gains it makes because there’s nothing of substance behind its cost. I just don’t come and post here about how much of a bubble it is all the time so as not to appear “bitter”. But when the preaching and the mocking of “nocoiners” starts I feel I can also chip in with my opinion

See above