Bitcoin General Chat

Which one just closed?

And why are people using Coinbase over Binance?

Thanks for the replies - I’ve gone with Kraken. I’m not going to be making lots of trades and I’m happy to just leave it and see what happens.

One advantage of kraken is that I can link it with Emma Pro.

Binance being chinese owned means its off the table for me.

Coinbase pro may have lower fees but a worse UI in my opinion than standard.

Fun fact whilst CZ was born in China, he’s spent almost all his life in Canada.

Binance itself isn’t in China, thats the last place in the World you would ever want a crypto HQ and servers.

1 Like

Well the casual buyer is just going to want to type how much Bitcoin, press enter, done.

Coinbase has good marketing, and it relies on people not delving any further into other exchanges or even Coinbase Pro.

I’m assuming most using Coinbase Pro went in via first using Coinbase and got curious.

As for traders there’s two main choices Binance or Kraken which tick all the boxes.

For futures theres Phemex too

Occasionally you’ll have coins/tokens listing first on Huobi / Gate.io / KuCoin but I wouldn’t bother unless you trade. Most go to Binance first and then six months later they appear on Coinbase Pro.

Binance offers more to invest in, I just use it when Coinbase doesn’t have what I want.

Just posted in the last hour includes DEXs

:pancakes: Doing very well off BNB

giphy

That’s exactly what I do. How is that different with Coinbase vs Binance?

The fee is the biggest thing as it’s cheaper on Binance. I think Coinbase is 0.5? and the most on Binance is 0.1 going lower if you hold BNB. You also get a kickbacks too.

Whilst you have the basic convert or using Binance Lite, most Binancers will be using the trading view so you can see the trades going through and work out which way the price is going, then put in limit orders so you pay exactly what you want. Coinbase Pro does this too. The only difference between those is Coinbase Pro has far fewer pairs and gets coins ages after launch.

So there’s this Convert tab but I’m guessing nobody really uses it.

Nice 50 over the 200 on the 4h atm

Well precisely. So I’m still none the wiser why people seem to be choosing Coinbase over Binance.

The vid overlays on this Reddit post make this one of the funniest things I have ever seen on the internet.

I don’t do the ‘LOL’ thing at all, but there’s a first time for everything and I did. And still am. Absolute gold.

1 Like
2 Likes

You would think Tesla might have done a bit more investigation before dabbling in Bitcoin.

2 Likes

bitcoin

Perfectly stable currency. (It has recovered a bit since)

3 Likes

3 Likes

How convenient :thinking:

3 Likes

:eyes: Of course here comes @Gavinator :joy:

Rewind three weeks ago

1 Like

Funny, but no. Yesterday’s drop came as the result of a car dealer saying he was no longer accepting Bitcoin.

The stock market is down around 4% this week following very real concerns about inflation out in the real world.

Which one would be better to bet the farm on? They both dropped around 4%, but the way bitcoin reacts to what should be an inconsequential utterance from someone who has a tendency to run his mouth, is concerning.

2 Likes