Be part of our cashback pilot 🎉

I didn’t get an email (which reading here is because I have marketing emails switched off), but it shows in the app so I’ve activated it. Now planning our next big order from Pets At Home :sweat_smile:

The UI looks great, and it was very easy to activate offers etc.

Some suggestions would be to maybe have a consent in the sign-up form for an email to give specific consent for this one email and app notiifcation (as I didn’t get one of those either), and perhaps to reconsider placement in the app as I have to scroll waaaaay down to see it (I have my pots shown as a list and quite a few connected accounts).

1 Like

One question I have - all the offers say “4 weeks left, expires July 12th”, with July 12th being the date you’ve said you aim to launch more widely.

What’s the plan from the team regarding this? Will you be trying to add new offers over this next 4 week period and going forward, such that there’s always a cycling of different businesses with cashback available? Will some of them simply renew on July 12th? Are some offers planned to be indefinite? Will there perhaps be times where there aren’t many offers and other times where there are lots, or are you aiming to always have a certain number available?

2 Likes

@shreya22

Will this wider launch be across the whole customer base or will it be a wider - but still limited - sign-up process?

I need to know if I have to set an early alarm that day.
:mantelpiece_clock:

3 Likes

This is all we have at the moment on that :eyes:

Yes :smile:

Probably not but we wouldn’t rule it out!

12 Likes

So there is a chance Tesco and Amazon could be added in future? :eyes:

2 Likes

it’ll be wider but still limited. we’re going to try and figure out how to include the community as well on that day so stay tuned for updates

21 Likes

some good offers to start with! :smiley:

As they are the dominent players, would they bother giving such a large chunk of money back to you? Do they need to? Do they have deals with other banks?

1 Like

I’m just going to leave this right here :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Alarms are no good. If, like me, you check in early in the morning and not again till later in the day, you could still miss out if it’s a limited, wider launch.

2 Likes

What specific data gets shared with the retailer?

1 Like

@KatherineB

Thankyou for clarifying and thankyou also for such a swift response.

I have had bank accounts with a range of organisations since 1974.

This level and this nature of engagement with customers by Monzo - and Monzo staff - should be cherished.

The benefits for all that this kind of open discussion about features, benefits, failings etc., should never be underestimated.

9 Likes

@PaulUK

:thinking:

Myabe set to repeat every 30 minutes?

1 Like

Gonna have to be, I guess.

I have visited daily for nearly six years but, occasionally, have a life during the day :rofl:

3 Likes

Its quite vague, but mentions transaction data, where you shop when etc

I’m in, and my oh my, that’s a seriously impressive list!

3 Likes

Just used it for the first time. Might be worth having a notification to say congratulate the user on using it for the first time and direct them back to the cashback section. I wasn’t sure if it had worked or not as there was no mention in the transaction itself or on the main feed. Even a little icon or something to indicate that cashback has been earned on that transaction might be a nice visual reference.

4 Likes

We did have one but I think we’ve removed it :eyes: there should be a “cashback” title underneath the amount though

3 Likes

Are you using the old-dashboard, or not? Because in the Recent Activity feed it tells you what % you earned under the transaction.

5 Likes