Barclays chat

I’m not surprised, based on the Twitter replies further up the thread.

However, on the strength of those same replies I would expect existing customers to start to be converted starting in February, so not that long now.

Out of interest, is your new card a shorter expiry date than normal? Santander were issuing Visa cards with expiry dates of around 13 months earlier this year, in preparation for the Mastercard switch. I wonder if NatWest are doing the same?

1 Like

Nope, it’s still a 4 year expiry – runs till 12/25

1 Like

Interesting, although there is nothing to stop them replacing it early (which First Direct did) so it doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

It does slightly add credence to the theory that we, as outsiders, have in that it seems like they haven’t touched their card systems for existing customers yet at all, so everything is running as it was before the switch started for the moment.

2 Likes

Yes, I guess you are right! Well, waiting until February (or June) it is then – I’ll be keeping an eye on here to see which one of us gets their MasterCard first

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

Natwest has had MasterCards for a while. I’ve had one for around a year

If that’s true, then it’s a credit card.

This is about Mastercard debit cards, which they only started issuing as of the 1st of December.

1 Like

Well, according to a post on MSE the new Barclays Blue Rewards will be pretty shit:

Barclays email quoted from MSE:

We were in touch recently to let you know that Blue Rewards is changing. We’re now delighted to be able to tell you about some of the new benefits you’ll get as a member of Blue Rewards and what we have to offer you this December.

What’s new?

As well as earning cash rewards based on the products you hold with us, you’ll now get new benefits such as regular offers from specially selected partners and invitations to prize draws.

This is our way of saying thank you for choosing us as your bank.

This December we have four exciting prize draws for you to enter.

You can enter all of them but, as always, please check the terms and conditions that apply to each one.

Win a pair of tickets to watch a Premier League match

Win a pair of tickets to watch a Barclays FA Women’s Super League match

Win a Harvey Nichols beauty gift box of Nars make-up or Pixi skincare worth £120

Win a £50 Marks and Spencer e-voucher to spend on food, clothing or things for your home

In addition to running the prize draws, we’ve partnered with Laithwaites Wine to offer you a third off a mixed case of six bottles of wine.

This offer gives you a fantastic £78.94 worth of wine for just £49.99, and you’ll get a free bottle of prosecco as well.

This carefully selected case will include gold medal winning claret, fruity Malbec from Argentina and oak-aged Rioja. There’s also a minerally fresh Petit Chablis, crisp pinot grigio with a pronounced ripe pear character and finally a tropical fruit scented, crowd pleasing New Zealand sauvignon blanc.

Delivery is free. Offer ends 14 January 2022.

We hope you’ve seen something you like and, if you enter the prize draws, we wish you luck. We’ll be in touch again in the New Year with more offers and prize draws, so keep an eye on your inbox.

Will make me switch to RBS Rewards from April unless it changes for the better

1 Like

Interesting. Hadn’t seen that post, and visit MSE forum daily.

Wonder what the T&Cs are for the draws. Anything out the ordinary.

Laithwaite offers appear with most the banks I hold accounts with :man_shrugging:

Not much there to entice those eligible for rewarding switches to stay with Barclays, I guess.

Dunno what I’ll do with mine yet. It won’t cost me anything to keep it and is minimum maintenance atm too, for me.

1 Like

I’m not sure Barclays phrased it quite like that….:grin:

5 Likes

But they pretty much implied it :laughing:

“Barclays snubs public cloud giants and hardware rivals for HPE GreenLake private cloud • The Register”

3 Likes

I hate prizedraws. Hate them. They are cheap way to show “loyalty” and the cost to the bank is so minimal. It’s not a guaranteed benefit so should not be advertised as a benefit in my opinion.

8 Likes

I agree. At least the prizes could be good/have wider appeal, and I’d try to meet the account minimum but this way it’s off to Chase/RBS

1 Like

I’m already with both of them two :rofl::man_shrugging:

1 Like

I am, but I mean move all money in/out to them

2 Likes

I did the Nationwide Start To Save for the prize draws. Not a sniff of a prize.

Last draw is next month.

Intend to use the money in that account to part fund their regular saver, going forward.

2 Likes

RBS have introduced some sort of Monzo.me style payment link/QR code service. Haven’t tested it so don’t know how it works, but if anyone wants to test it I’m happy to share my code :laughing:

2 Likes

A friend sent me the Nat West version the other day

Worked perfectly fine in the main, except that the first code invalidated itself and errored out when I tried to step back in the process to demonstrate it to him (as it was the first time he had sent one)

1 Like
1 Like