Bad Facebook reviews

So I am guessing that Monzo won’t be going down the verified route on Trustpilot like Starling have?

To me it reads that they were rude and aggressive so had their account closed. Seems fair enough if that’s what happened

2 Likes

It’s the same on trustpilot.
Lots of people leaving bad reviews.

Don’t believe them. I thought suspicious at first. But been with Monzo for a while now and had no problem

To be fair a lot of the names on trustpilot aren’t foreign.

Seems a recurring theme that large balances trigger account freeze.

It’s certainly putting me off.

Put your large balance transfers elsewhere in that case.

Obviously if it triggers some kind of fraud detection at Monzo, it likely would do at another bank. But if it’s putting you off…

Probably best we refrain from talk of “foreign sounding names” and unscrupulous behaviour in the same sentances too. There is no relation.

10 Likes

It’s only putting me off full Monzo.

I pay myself from my business account. I think if it was salary going in I would be less concerned.

Can’t remember the last time I deposited cash lol. I can understand why someone putting 5k a month in cash might raise suspicion.

I very much doubt it. It’s not as much money as potentially you think it is.

However, I do not have any insight into Monzo systems.

Well in the grand scheme of things it’s not your right but not knowing criteria etc it’s hard to judge.

What isn’t?

Much money.

He means “you’re” I think.

2 Likes

You have to do some pretty dodgy transactions for this to kick in. With my birthday and Christmas recently I deposited quite a few large amounts of money which isn’t my usual behaviour, and my account is fine!

These people probably can’t possibly imagine why someone depositing £50 7 different times in a Saturday night might be suspicious

1 Like

That’s the dream!

1 Like

It’s just the right amount in shredded 20s for a cat litter tray, I think. For those days when the staff can’t get to the shops.

2 Likes

Much better to get it all delivered from Fortnum’s, surely?

2 Likes

You think?..or you Know :open_mouth:

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Can confirm that - IME from storing and then sending half my house deposit in/from monzo - a large balance, and the odd large transfer, adequately explained to monzo’s satisfaction when they ask, are not in of themselves sufficient to cause suspension. It’s gonna be a blend of factors, or a specific pattern of activity, when people get suspended.

7 Likes

I know for certain Trustpilot is not reliable. On various survey sites for money I use you’ll see offerings for fake trustpilot reviews that pay really well. Hundreds to thousands of people do these.

Neither are reliable.

2 Likes

Well, I have a foreign sounding name and my account has been frozen with no explanation over 40 hours ago. I am seriously thinking of writing some reviews myself…