Are you ready for an electric car?

I reckon my partner could use one of these. They spend all day in their car, but won’t do more then 30-40 miles a day.

Definitely ready for electric :zap:

My partner done her lessons and passed in a 2018 Nissan Leaf. When she passed she got a great deal on a used 2016 Renault Zoe and I was surprisingly impressed with it. It’s great for what she needs and has more than enough range for her small commute to work and for popping to the shops etc.

I’ve just started my lessons with the same instructor and he’s just upgraded to a Nissan Leaf Tekna e+, and oh boy what a car.

Congratulations to your partner for passing test and choosing a Zoe.
Good luck with your lessons.
Only other thing is for me to ask if you would like to buy a 2018 diesel Nissan Juke :joy:

1 Like

Have neither of you driven a car that isn’t electric then? :open_mouth:

We both had a shot of driving manual’s at a driving event and we both known how to drive them, it’s just we both know we will be going for electric cars so there wasn’t much point in doing manual lessons. We both agree they are far superior to drive and range isn’t a problem for us.

Both of our families are also clued up when it comes to EV’s with my Dad owning an e-Golf and her Dad with a Model 3.

That’s very subjective to be fair, it depends on if you’re comparing like for like or at least similar vehicles

1 Like

It would be fair if the comparison was between say a diesel car and an electric.
Not having to smell diesel fuel, never mind its toxic byproducts, or paying eye watering amounts to travel 100 miles.

1 Like

You have read this topic to know that’s not the case for everyone right?

If you live in the middle of nowhere deisel makes sense due to the high mileage.
I only drive a petrol car due to the only diesel I could find for sale in that make and model near me was a automatic.

90% of the cars in the work car park are old deisels.
They are payed for and try getting PCP on a low income.

2 Likes

I do understand your predicament and I am sorry that more people can’t escape from diesel cars.
New thinking will be required for financing EVs because whether the government likes it not there will no way of stopping the trend to electric accelerating.

Got a VW email today about purchasing the ID.3 in spring. Not too much new detail but a link to the video showing the colours.

I’m fine with not getting a ID.3 1st, did anyone do the pre-booking for a summer/autumn delivery?

1 Like

I have pre-booked it and am only leaving my £750 deposit in place because I would like to have the opportunity to be invited to my local dealer to a launch event.
I have no intention of buying the car because the First edition is nowhere near as good as my present Kona.

1 Like

Did they give any indication on price? Afaik it’s around £40k 1st edition and then closer to £30k. I’m guessing £38k then £33k for 2021/2022.

Ofc what features would you need to want to swap from the Kona? Do you need bigger than 64kWh? I think if I had a Kona it would also be tough call to switch to anything else yet, I would say in three years maybe and much faster charging rate would be more common. :man_shrugging:

I spotted this yesterday that it should be much easier to get one, far easier than the e-niro availablity where they are still struggling to deliver the first editions.

A Hyundai UK spokesman has confirmed that the estmated delivery time for most orders is between 3 and 4 months.

I’ll have to book a test drive to compare, I’m so near a Hyundai dealer about a mile away.

Agree that the cost is the number one factor but you’ll also find that electric cars don’t fit the needs of a lot of people either. You mentioned work and someone said earlier in the topic that there isn’t an electric pickup for example.

2021 :wink:

Ford F-150 News and Reviews | Motor1.com

But yeah I’m sure we’ll get some UK :soon:

Nissan Navara EV for our roads?

1 Like

A bigger variety is very much needed. A lot of electric cars seem to be on the small side too.

I’m just biding my time for a Tesla :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t think a price for the U.K. has been announced yet. The Irish pricing might offer a clue but that will be the Irish spec and € pricing. £40,000 in my view would be over the top. We know that the First will not have, a deal breaker for me, the HUD and the Hyundai 5 year warranty.
As for the Slovakian production I doubt that will help very much. A, because the value of the £ /€ exchange rate B there is a likelihood that the production emphasis I suspect will be on the Hybrid rather than a BEV so we need to wait and see just what Slovakian production means.

I think it’s literally a plant for the BEV as it has so much demand they don’t want to have 12mths waiting and lose potential customers.

I’m expecting ID.3 almost bang on what the Kona GBP start pricing is atm of £38,600 (£35,100 with £3500 off).

I hope I’m proved wrong and it’s a few grand less.

Oh I saw this today in the news… :rofl:

Hahaha no way. If I remember correctly normal hummers do about 9mpg, so if they did an electric one does that mean it will do about 40mpg :laughing: