Are you ready for an electric car?

This.

1 Like

Make of this what you will.
An attendee of the London launch wrote on a Kona forum:

So you may be pleased with the price. Hard to add extras that would cause the price to rise by very much.

Thatā€™s describing the e-208? I would expect a VW to be priced Ā£5-10k more on just the badge even if equal on stats. I think itā€™s more rival to the ID.2 polo sized which I think is 2022.

@phildawson - Iā€™ve found it.

This is the one.

1 Like

Yeah its very nice. I like that too.

If anyone was thinking Mini Electric Iā€™d go for Honda e instead for two extra grand (~Ā£26k).

I keep calling it e Honda like Street Fighter.

Which colour would you pick? White, Grey, Blackā€¦

or in Yellow, Blue?

Also big in the newsā€¦

Grey or the black. They both look ace.

1 Like

Grey.

Engadget did a great video review of the ā€˜eā€™ (the test was in Valencia, although the test car had UK plates on!) - https://www.engadget.com/2020-01-27-honda-e-first-drive.html

I do like the door ā€˜mirrorsā€™ design though. It could be a contender for my weekly commute.

1 Like

I think Greyā€¦ or the Blue :thinking:

Iā€™m sure the earlier renders showed it less dark, have to see what itā€™s like in person. I always liked the Yas Marina and Santorini but Iā€™ve never owned a blue car. Usually go for black.

The yellow one looks like a Fisher Price Dodge Challenger

4 Likes

I recently just picked up a new MG 3, 69 plate from my local MG dealer in Horsham. Before I chose the hot hatch, I was looking at their ZS EV as I could get it with the government grant and a PX deal where I could scrap my old car and get like 4k knocked off the price. I didnā€™t end up going for it in the end as I needed a work horse, and Iā€™d be scared to take it long distances. I also donā€™t think my parents would be too happy wanting a charger point installed at home, and to get one installed it was quite expensive. So I settled on the olā€™ reliable petrol hot hatch. Once Tesla drop in price, and electric becomes a bit more main stream I may rethink and go for an electric car as the thought of one excites me (as a tech head, especially the Teslas)

It will look cleaner for longer if you go blue :laughing:

I wish I had somewhere to charge one.

Would love the Mini Electric for commuting, maybe when I donā€™t live in an apartment Iā€™ll look in to getting one.

Nowhere to charge them here and I doubt it there could ever be where I live.

That is a cute car though.

1 Like

Do you not have any petrol stations near you either?

Shell and BP are both gradually expanding their network with charge points.

What is your average weekly mileage ?

Not with any charge points, no.

The nearest is an hours walk and to be fair, is a fast charging one, but Iā€™d have to go and just sit in my car for at least 15 minutes a day to charge it.

Iā€™d get 2 and a half days of commuting out of the Mini before the battery is empty, according to their website. And thatā€™s at my average speed (which on my commute, despite being mostly motorways, is about 25mph) and not factoring in temperature.

If there were charge points at work, Iā€™d definitely consider it, but unfortunately there arenā€™t.

1 Like

Is it a ā€œfastā€ charger or do you mean Rapid.
Rapid chargers deliver at a very fast rate, typically 50Kw/h.
At this time of the year a 15 minute stop
On a Rapid charger, fine for a coffee etc, would provide my car with an additional 50 miles.
Ultra rapid 150Kw/h chargers are being rolled out across the country now so the issues associated with the scarcity in some areas of chargers will be relieved considerably.

Fair points. Me and my partner both donā€™t have a problem spending half hour to let it charge up a decent amount for free (maybe thatā€™s because weā€™re both tight :rofl:).

Obviously everyoneā€™s location is different but places to charge are certainly growing, itā€™s worth checking every few months. We live in a relatively small town and ChargePlace Scotland installed two points last year meaning just a 10 minute walk and I have access to 22kw charger which is great. Iā€™m also grateful to work right next to the local council head office which has rapids for the public to use.

Worth pointing out, for those that donā€™t know, that 22Kw chargers are not able to deliver 22Kw to every car. Many can only accept 7.6Kw tops if the standard Type 2 cable is being used.
Some cars are now being manufactured to enable around 11Kw.
Rapid charging requires a complementary CCS socket on the car, then the chargerā€™s cable is simply plugged in to gain the very fast rates.