Apple TV+

I might have to give The Morning Show a second watch through in anticipated of the second series :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

It can be a bit of a slow burner to begin with, but once youā€™re past the first 3 or 4 episodes, it really finds itā€™s footing and is great from there on out.

I know some outlets wrote it off early on the back of the first 3 episodes, but by the finale, the show had done enough that some places, like The Guardian, had to retract their initial review, because the show was much better over all than they led folk to believe, and the review was heavily tinged by an anti-apple bias, which was common in the early days. Outlets reviewing shows badly because they were made by Apple rather than judging them solely on their own merits.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve watched it once already (I might not have taken the leap if there was more on AppleTv+ back then) and it blew my mind. Itā€™s so damn good. I want it to get more coverage :mega:

1 Like

The recent episode of Ted Lasso was pretty excellent - the amount of moving parts on the show is so cool. Season 1 just had such a strong focus on Ted but this season is really putting everyone under the spotlight which is incredible.

This article tickled me as well.

8 Likes

Iā€™m not as ā€œwithā€ Ted Lasso this season as much as I was S1. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s the fact Iā€™ve not binged them all, but I do think the series has had a few ā€œfillerā€ episodes so far.

Last weekā€™s ep was Excellent, I thought, the feeling I got from a few other ones were almost like they had to introduce and resolve a plot point within the same episode, where I think S1 had more slow-burning plot points.

Thereā€™s also been a heck of a lot more product placement I think in this series, which I think is wayyyyy more obvious than Iā€™ve seen before. I find it a bit jarring, but I am enjoying my new Brompton and Nespresso machines.

Hoping after last weeks things get back on the same level of story-telling as before.

Also, loving the other dating app Rebecca was on. 2MSCNT I think

2 Likes

Fun fact. They bought the domain. Just redirects to a warner bros landing page at the moment though. Worth noting thatā€™s actually a common thing from Warner Bros to pull Easter eggs like this, so donā€™t be surprised if we do get an actual website for this dating app at some point.

They certainly did similar in the past with Person of Interest for Haroldā€™s insurance firmā€™s business card. They set up a phone viewers could call and a website viewers could visit. Was pretty cool. Love to see them do something similar with Ted Lasso.

2 Likes

Watched the Apple/BBC co-pro documentary 9/11: Inside the Presidentā€™s War Room last night.

Footage from the day is still just as affecting as ever, and they had some really top-tier talking heads (Thanks Apple $$$)- Bush, Cheney, Rice etc. Definitely worth a watch.

2 Likes

Hah, excellent. I didnā€™t want to google it just in case. Ms Library may have had concerns

1 Like

Looks like Apple have cancelled their first show:

Although this feels more like a planned ending which is much nicer to see. Announced way before the season is due, so the show will likely get a proper ending. Hope this a trend that sticks with Appleā€™s shows.

3 Likes

Just watched CODA - nice way to spend a couple of hours on this grey day. Missed the Morning Show so Iā€™ve added that to my list now.

1 Like

Well they really did it!

Also lolā€¦

7 Likes

I feel the Ted Lasso biscuit is the most buttery shortbread ever :thinking:

Do we know if Apple plan to do another show like 1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything? Really missing the format/quality of that kind of musical/sociopolitical documentary.

Just watched todays episode of Ted Lasso! Iā€™ve no work for the next 10 days, and was too eager to see what happens next after last weekā€™s episode! Iā€™ll spoiler mark my thoughts.

A much more mellow episode this week, but I feel a very important one, both for Ted as a character, and viewers at home who may feel like theyā€™re in a similar headspace. The writing was perfect yet again here, especially in the therapy sessions. I feel like that dialogue is going to hit home for a lot of people, and may have some positive influence on how they view therapists.

Everything Ted said in that second session really paralleled how I felt about going the therapy route at a low point in my life several years back. Almost word for word. I think Dr. Sharon did a tremendous job at rebutting those notions and making you think twice. And it only lands so well because of how the show has been built up and progressed over the two seasons. Exceptional stuff. For those who need it, I hope it reaches them. Itā€™s certainly opened up my perspective.

3 Likes

Big agree with all of that.

Not sure if there is a limit on size of spoiler text but I canā€™t get mine to work so Iā€™ve hidden my thoughts in the drop down belowā€¦

Summary

[spoiler]Think Dr Sharon was brilliant for sure. And definitely with you re the dialogue.

I donā€™t think weā€™ve discussed much on here but Nateā€™s worsening had been annoying me a lot the last few episodes. Both because I hate it, and because I didnā€™t really feel like anything was being done with it.

This episode has cracked that wide open for me. I feel like this is one of the symptoms of Ted losing his grip on the teamā€¦ heā€™s brought Nate up to some degree but hasnā€™t been there to support him through this massive change perhaps?

I was almost annoyed when I thought it then got wrapped up so quickly, but boom that final scene!

What really is fantastic is how real everything feels. I donā€™t know if it should even count as ā€˜slow burnā€™, because (whilst yes I said it didnā€™t feel like anything was being done with it), everything feels so earned when it does kick off.

I feel bad for Nate cus I can see why the bitterness is there, but I am not liking his arc at all right now!

Also still very excited to see what happens between Rebecca and Sam still! I hope it isnā€™t badā€¦[/spoiler]

4 Likes

You have to spoiler tag each new paragraph separately, otherwise it doesnā€™t work. The hide details button works just as well though!

2 Likes

Was there ever an official announcement about Mythic Quest finishing after the 2nd Season?

It definitely had a ā€˜this is the endā€™ vibe to the last episode

Still no news as yet as far as I know! Itā€™s not been renewed, nor has it been cancelled or confirmed to be a series finale

I finally watched it on day oneā€¦

I also hate the Nate story arc. Doesnā€™t really feel like him. I feel it is setting up for a good last few episodes. I feel on the Rebecca/ Sam piece she will freak and run away initially but come round later on

Also the Hey Siri bit set my HomePod off and it started playing a playlistā€¦ very 2014 Xbox advert stuff Xbox One advert turning on consoles without permission

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only watched a few episodes of the first season of Ted Lasso and the temptation to press all the spoilers is huge!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve watched the episode and now the wait for the next one begins! I neeeeeed to know what happens next.

2 Likes