Apple TV+

You guys! They made the actual playlist! So if Roy sets your Siri off, it’ll play this:

6 Likes

As referenced under the spoiler it very much feels like ‘Simpsons already did it’ but with Xbox.

1 Like
4 Likes

Wow. What an episode of Ted Lasso.

2 Likes

You’re so early! I’ve only been awake for two hours, not even had breakfast yet!

3 Likes

Haha I wanted to watch it before work. Long shift today.

1 Like

Just watched! Quite the rollercoaster!

1 Like

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:
If you’d told me 18 months ago my favourite show on TV would be about an American coming to London to coach a football team, I’d have assumed you were mad.

And just to add, some of the reviewers are not into Rebecca & Sam, but I’m totally shipping them. (I feel like a lot of reviewers are coming from the US mindset where colleagues don’t date, whereas here I think very company I’ve been at has had office romances/couples/affairs etc etc.

1 Like

Spoilers, please!!!

Now I need to try and wash my eyes and forget everything that happened in the last minute. One of those men in black things would be nice, thank you

4 Likes

I’m not on board with some of yesterday’s stuff but I loved the “Roy Dad Move” (enjoy guessing that one if you haven’t seen it)

Omg I’ve barely even started the latest Ted Lasso but absolutely howled with laughter at the Roy with the teacher scene 🥲🥲🥲 I fucking love this show.

4 Likes

Just finished watching it. Agree it was a rollercoaster (and that I was sort of right in my prediction but it resolved itself more quickly than I had thought).

I am also glad I blanked this thread until now….!

1 Like

Just got to the Christmas episode, and what a weird one that was! I don’t know why they didn’t just release it as a Christmas special?

3 Likes

Would have been a great Christmas special too!

I have a feeling real life is several months ahead of the show’s narrative which takes place around a football season. Probably why it seems like there are quite large time jumps between episodes too.

So for continuity, it wouldn’t have worked as a special episode at Christmas, which is a shame!

So I’m considering a trial…

What’s the best way of doing this? There seems to be 7 days - or a month with Apple+?

Also, how much content actually is there? Looks like just a handful of shows? Any go-to things to recommend?

1 Like

Here’s the list of things I liked

Tehran
See
Defending Jacob
Servant
Mosquito Coast
For All Mankind
Cherry
The Banker
Greyhound
Truth Be Told

Foundation is one to look forward to, and the Slow Horses books have been filmed.

5 Likes

I suppose the show must follow a football season, but I don’t think the release schedule is aligned with that in any way – my suspicion is that Covid-19 delays may have meant that what was meant to be a Christmas special got delayed? But then again, I have no idea yet if any of the things in the episode are relevant to the plot and I don’t know if a December 2020 release would have made sense in terms of how long it has been between seasons!

2 Likes

Ooh this sounds excellent.

I haven’t heard of these…

Edit: Google tells me MI5 failed recruits. Comedy high jinx?!

Depending on how much time you have, 7 days is likely enough to give the flagship shows a try, if not binge a season of a few. But it’ll give you a taste and if there’s stuff you like from the trial, may be worth paying for a month or two and watching the rest.

Worth noting, there are some shows that have their entire season available for free to try! Home Before Dark is one of those, which I enjoyed, and was recommended by @Dunsford!

Quite a few others will let you watch the first episode for free too, but I don’t have a list of these.

The shows I’d recommend trying first are:

• Ted Lasso
  • Mythic Quest
  • For All Mankind
  • The Morning Show
  • The Year Earth Changed

There are others I enjoy too, but feel like they’re more of an acquired taste, like:

• See
  • Tehran
  • Truth Be Told
  • Defending Jacob

Apple went for the quality over quantity approach, in contrast to Netflix, and it shows. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed most of what I’ve tried and that’s a very rare thing for me when it comes to TV.

If you can wait a few weeks before going for the trial, definitely hold off for Foundation. That looks like it’ll be amazing!

1 Like

Looks good. Didn’t realise they did free stuff - will check it out!