Apple TV+

I am saving the episode for Beer O’Clock later :blush:

2 Likes

Pizza O’Clock for me! :yum:

2 Likes

I have pizza too! It’s a Friday tradition at this point :grin: Pizza, a drink and Ted Lasso.

1 Like

See is back for season 2. I know it got mixed reviews, largely from the ‘But if they can’t see why do they wear clothes?’ crowd who can’t suspend disbelief o get into the world a show is building, but it’s really excellent. Some of the fight scenes were incredible in the first season, they reminded me of the best of GoT. And it kept turning in unexpected directions. Really looking forward to watching it this evening.

3 Likes

Completely forgot that was this week! Will probably be a Saturday viewing for me. See is great.

1 Like

I’ve never watched it but surely for warmth and protection?

Pretty sure we wore clothes before the social stigma or nakedness? :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

LMAO. Did not see that coming!

Great episode again!

2 Likes

I think it’s something they could do with starting to diversify now! A lot of the shows I like are starting to join the rotation now, and I don’t have the time to watch them all on the same day! I also don’t wanna miss out on the online discourse that comes from watching on day one.

Between Ted Lasso, See, and Truth Be Told, that’s 3 shows all with new episodes on Friday. I’ll have 4 on the 17th of September when The Morning Show returns. And 5 the week after with Foundation, though Ted Lasso should be wrapping up a few weeks after that. Then of course there’s Invasion starting later in October which I’m looking forward. There’s just too much for me all on a Friday now. Would like to see some better pacing throughout a week or over a weekend.

3 Likes

The above spoiler links to an article, that essentially predicted something that happened in today’s episode. I’ll spoiler mark my own opinions on this below too.

Today’s episode really hit deep on a personal level and I’ve been chewing on it for a while. I think this article does an outstanding job of picking up on and highlighting exactly why Ted Lasso is a truly outstanding show. Shows of this calibre are extremely rare. I think it’s shame that the approach has led to less good reviews of this season, but I also think the fact it has really highlights the importance of portraying this issue in exactly this way.

2 Likes

Right!!! Will read your linked article tomoz :eyes:

1 Like

Holy moley that episode! Is it next Friday yet?

2 Likes

Just stumbled across this on YouTube…

1 Like

I believe that is the inception of Ted Lasso. He was an advert for the US coverage of the Premier League before he made it on to Apple TV

4 Likes

I never knew I’d feel this way about football until TL :soccer::heart:

3 Likes

Watched the Season 2 premier of See last night. Excellent start to the season! Action choreography feels a lot less clumsy compared to last season, and the politics and world building from season one is finally starting to pay off and be expanded upon. We have ourselves a believable world that’s easy to get invested in now with an invigorating plot, with gore that makes game of thrones feel like a kids show.

For those who found the first season a bit of a slow burn, I hope you stuck with it because it does pay off. Especially as season 2 kicks off.

1 Like

That was a good read! And yeah, predicted it perfectly.

I think it’s been very well done too, and am definitely not enjoying the second series any less.

2 Likes

Football is life!

4 Likes

Just finished binge watching The Morning Show. Absolutely superb. Can’t wait for the second series!

4 Likes

The last 15 or so minutes of season 1 are some of the most powerful and well performed I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes