App, Security and Privacy (Fingerprint, Pin, or Password)

There shouldn’t be a need for that though. A pin would be simple enough to implement. Unless there’s a reason I’m missing for not including it.

2 Likes

The weakness with a PIN is the recovery process if someone forgets it. If technically possible, it would be best to use the phone’s PIN, but maybe this isn’t possible?

1 Like

You could reset it just like you can do with the app currently. Log out and log back in. Online accounts are all reliant on passwords, so forgetting it seems like a problem that isn’t really there. Atleast, no more than any other service.

Completely agree with this. Have just switched to Monzo from HSBC but also got Starling account and Tide for Business.

I use Iphone and in Monzo app there is a finger print log in but it stays unlocked for way too long. It should lock out within 3-5 minutes. Yes its a pain to log in again but much more secure this way.

Starling and tide use both pin or passcode and this feature should be added ASAP and is an easy and quick fix

1 Like

much more secure this way

It is not. If someone has access to your unlocked phone they can do anything, PIN or not.

Yup. If they have your unlocked phone they have your email, SMS… they can pretend to be you and do basically anything. I’ve said it multiple times but it bears repeating. A phone is the so critical to our financial security now that if it isn’t on your person and locked at all times you’re taking an unacceptable risk.

3 Likes

Most fingerprint security options I’ve seen include a back up pin entry method

This is usual when the fingerprint scanner on the phone is not operating correctly

6 Likes

It’s an good idea. If your locked out logout and re login

Hey Brian, I’ve moved your post here as there’s been lots (& lots) of discussion about this here, I hope that’s ok!

I’ve also renamed the topic to remove the mention of the Android app because now that both apps have fingerprint protection, the only piece that’s left is the PIN which neither platform’s apps have.

1 Like

Awesome great stuff

1 Like