App crashes when opening a notification on iOS

Hi,
The app crashes every time I try to open a notification. I noticed it started happening when I enabled touch id.

1. The notification pops up
  2. I open it
  3. Authenticate with touch id
  4. App crashes

After it crashes I can open the app again from the home and it works fine.

I’m using an iPhone 7 with iOS 11.2.1

Cheers!

Hello. I got same problem on iOS 11.2.1. App crashes when clicking on notification.
Hm… mine crashes just after clicking on notification before TouchID

Same here. It only crashes when FaceID/TouchID is enabled. Without any authentication method, it works just fine :pensive:

Using it on iOS 11.2.1 (iPhone X)

Hey everyone :wave:t2: I’m so sorry you’re all having issues with the app crashing. I’ve flagged this with our engineering team, to see if there is anything we need to do, or if it’s just an unfortunate coincidence.

In the first instance, I always recommend uninstalling the Monzo app, ensuring your device is up to date, then reinstalling the app. Sounds really basic I know, but as a former Apple employee you’d be surprised how “have you tried turning it on and off again” actually works :see_no_evil:

If you don’t find that resolves your issue, please do drop us a message in the support app, as we are very proactive and quick to help, and would love to get this resolved for you all! :smiley:

3 Likes

I am still having this issue and Face ID is off for the app now.

A fix for this should be included in the next update going out soon! :soon:

The build was internally sent out to staff this morning. :smile:

2 Likes

How soon?

How long does Apple take to approve app updates nowadays…?

Is this the new update that came through yesterday? If so, it still crashes when opening notifications :frowning:

Version 1.9.23

It’s in 1.9.24! The build is in internal testing and I haven’t had it crash yet. :crossed_fingers:

Ahhhh ok! Looking forward to it :raised_hands: