Announcing the Overdrafts Preview!

2 Likes

I have one like that in mine, and for Barclays. Itā€™s the credit file for your current account, not the overdraft.

They do do a credit search.

Screenshot_20180109-085305

But your overdraft limit will be shown in current account - Limit History

Has anyone seen any further movement on this today? :slight_smile:

Not me. Feel more like @Danny every day. :frowning:ļø

3 Likes

@tristan - were there any updates on this or has rollout stalled so far this week? :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure how large a roll out this is. Maybe itā€™s just finished for now

From @tristan 6 days ago. Any update Tristan for those still on the list?

Not even the functionality within the app to apply for an overdraft. Google forms is being used!

1 Like

Thatā€™s only to be added to the overdraft preview. Itā€™s not the standard approach when it rolls out.

5 Likes

Apparently another 1000 are about to go outā€¦

11 Likes

The suspense! Has anyone had the message in the app yet?

2 Likes

Nothing yet hereā€¦!

2 Likes

@tristan - did these end up going out last night?

2 Likes

I have had nothing as signed up in Augustā€¦

2 Likes

Rather than me passing on second hand info, Iā€™m going to help Maria, our Lending Product Manager, get set up on the forum this afternoon and then she can answer all your questions :slight_smile: Watch this space

6 Likes

Thanks, Tristan! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds good, thanks! :ok_hand:

Any chance of reconsidering the eye watering 50p a day overdraft fee? Is this still to be decided when the preview comes to an end?

Iā€™m paying a tiny Ā£2-2.30 a month fee for my Ā£250 Starling overdraft. Ā£100 overdraft with Monzo itā€™s Ā£15.50.

Itā€™s one of the 2 reasons Iā€™m not using Monzo for my current account any more.

I know the fixed fee can work out better than interest above a certain amount but if all youā€™re offering is tiny overdrafts then it doesnā€™t really apply.

I couldnā€™t care less that itā€™s ā€œsimpleā€. One thing that is clear to me is that one is costing a lot more than the other.

6 Likes