Amazon Partnership

True but a tax on profit is obviously affected to a much greater degree than one on wages, sales or land.

It would be great if tapping on the transaction listed details such as the item purchased, delivery tracking etc

2 Likes

ā€˜X-rayā€™ into purchases made with Amazonā€™s credit card, so that individual expenditure appears in Monzo feed rather than a single payment each month.

1 Like

That would be a great integration. Would allow you to categorise your orders better too.

3 Likes

Except tha Amazon credit card isnā€™t run by Amazon themselves so I doubt that would actually be an Amazon integration. Amazon purchases on the Monzo account card would be a more likely option.

Yep, thatā€™s what Iā€™d most like to see:

Right, I was mainly thinking of its use on Amazon, since thatā€™s most likely where itā€™s being used. (Cashback reward is higher, easier to beat elsewhere on non-Amazon spending.)

Actually though, no reason this is limited to being only Amazon credit card. A great integration would be to be able to say This DD is for the card number XXXX - and then Amazon purchases made with that credit card (whoever provides it) would be listed under the paymentā€™s entry in the feed.

1 Like

Not yet anyway :eyes:

Oh no. Iā€™m not sure anyoneā€™s ready for that.

1 Like

I am! I hope this is something thatā€™ll happen!

Oh wow. Amazon bank. Thereā€™s a thought.

I havenā€™t seen it explicitly requested so let me add this one (may have escaped me!): clear and automated identification of what good has been purchased with a good guess on the category. Amazon is a huge chunk of my transactions and right now, we write down in the notes the names of the products manually each time. Otherwise, a large part of Monzo features are voided.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t it vary by state?

I like this a lot; add the items purchased automatically to notes and attempt to categorise as well. It would also be nice if there was a link up so when an item was ordered it showed as committed spending and then a notification once dispatched.

1 Like

Integrations with their credit card offerings, so you can see the balance and easily pay it like you can pay other users on Monzo. The transactions appearing in the feed etc would be super helpful.

Other than that, seeing the breakdown of orders like @evangelskies had shown with PayPal.

+1 for basic Amazon receipt in Monzo. I want to be able to validate that the heaps of Amazon transactions are legitimate purchases, and not something Iā€™m subscribed to that Iā€™ve forgotten to unsubscribe.

Would also be good to auto tag or categorise subscribe and save, and member subscription payments from standard one off purchases.

3 Likes

I love how the site that reports this wonā€™t let you read their articles unless you turn off your Ad Blocker - yet are quick to report on how money hungry other companies are. :slight_smile:

What woudld be slightly awesome would be to see a debit from Amazon in your timeline and be able to tap it for more information and have it deep link into the order on the Amazon App.