Algbra discussion

Any reason to use the virtual card via Curve and not just directly with Apple/Google Pay? You should be able to add them?

1 Like

You get the 1.5% cashback using it direct on gpay, not so on gpay via Curve.

I needed to spend £5 but I just used Curve go back in time for something I’d already spent - avoiding the trap of spending £5 for the sake of it to get the bonus!

Also I accidentally went over my PLU limit on Plutus so it enabled me to get 1% cashback on that purchase as opposed to 0%

Yeah same as Monese. I wondered if it was curve but in the Algbra app it just shows as the supermarket

Also just saw on the t&c “completed” card payments so yeah think that’s it

1 Like

Using Curve, did you use that by Gpay? And did you get the 1.5?

Nah it’ll just charge the underlying card like an online payment

Curve blurs the MCC and will present to Algbra as something else, probably the type of transaction that wouldn’t be eligible.

1 Like

Should be for 1% though I reckon

I think so, but not 100%.

1 Like

I did with chase so it should…:crossed_fingers:

I’ll confirm either way

Are there restrictions with Algbra?

There are on the transaction you need to make for the referral. I don’t think there are on cashback, but I’m not sure anyone’s ever really tested on the things usually exempt from those things, like gambling and credit card payments etc.

Ah sorry yeah I meant just the 1.5% stuff. Haven’t paid any due care to the referrals tbh. I did finally get one for revolut though which was something.

Is there a list of excluded merchants?

I need to pay a holiday off and I’ve used my Plutus limit - reckon that would be ok for 1%?

Not sure I’m loving the cashback system! Tomorrow will be day 5 for one transaction and it’s radio silence!

Yes, the way they process cash back is really slow and unhelpful.

When you do get the cashback it goes into the same account, and I’m not sure if it’s me but it feels like you haven’t actually received any cashback. Personally I’d rather see it accumulate separately and then transfer a lump sum.

3 Likes

Feed it back (if you haven’t already). They’re really up for new ideas, I’ve been speaking to them about things such as connecting into budgeting tools etc.

I agree, would be nice to see just the cashback total box outside of the transaction

2 Likes

Ok so apparently I’m the last guy here to hear about Algbra and the cashback offer. Might have to get involved, anyone know if they do a hard search?

Just a soft check I recall. They’re not a bank nor offer any lending.

1 Like

For me - it was a soft check few months back.

1 Like