Airtime Rewards

(Matthew Jones) #21

sighs

I think we’re going to have to just agree to disagree on this topic. Maybe we should go back to focusing on improving Monzo etc.

(Leon) #22

Hmmmm you seem to be using the US mobile companies as a example. Any UK examples which would be just a little bit more relevant since we are in the UK.

(Andre Borie) #23

I’m using US examples just because they are the only ones of large-scale privacy violations for now, but I have little reason to believe that UK will be any different - we just don’t know it yet (just like nobody in the US knew that their carrier was selling their location data for years). There is no such thing as US greed or UK greed. There is just greed. :wink:

Honestly, the location data fiasco even surprised me at first, and I thought it was just bad reporting and in reality it was a security breach or something. But no, they wilfully sold real-time location data of all their users to a marketing company. Unbelievable.

(Leon) #24

That’s a fair point well made. In any case I’m on contract so this free top up deal is useless for me.

(Matthew Jones) #25

The app credits your bill if you’re on contract.

(Leon) #26

Interesting…What networks can be used with the offer?

(Matthew Jones) #27

Vodafone, EE, Three, O2 and GiffGaff

(Andre Borie) #28

Looks like it… I mean why wouldn’t they opt into getting juicy transaction data at a bargain price? :joy:

(Leon) #29

Ha ha ha ha ha :grin:

(Alex) #30

They also work on pay-as-you go too, on pretty much every network! I’ve saved £10 last month just from shopping in Waitrose! deffo recommend. Figured out they’re adding new retailers pretty regularly too

(Alex) #31

they now have Caffe Nero, Argos and Boots on the app which is amazing!