24k gold-plated card - Revolut

Just recived email.

The classic style of our Metal card is hard to beat. But we never settle. We want the best. And what’s better than a Metal card?

Only a 24k gold-plated Metal card, of course.

Yep, it’s real.

£79.99 to get card by link in email

1 Like

Beat me to it :rofl:

1 Like

It’s in the Revolut thread but I’d be genuinely interested in how this looks and feels.

1 Like

If someone could post a picture that would be good

Best we’ve got so far…

Why would anyone seriously spend money on that?

2 Likes

Yes :joy::joy:

of course they will :pound:

1 Like

Just had a notification to get mine before there gone as in high demand and short supply!!

3 Likes

Same. I’m a big fan of metal cards - and this one looks good - but that price is too high.

Possibly aimed at people for a Xmas gift, given the timing?

2 Likes

I know people will buy them, I just don’t understand why.

2 Likes

Because they’re shallow and vein, please don’t take offence people that’s just my opinion, so apologies if you love this kind of thing.

1 Like

Pics I saw - thoughts?

1 Like

Don’t think it’s any more ostentatious than having a metal sub generally - but Revolut themselves admit keys would scratch it. I have a nice leather wallet and even plastic cards get the odd mark or scratch…

And cash machines, chip and PIN…

That card is going to look a mess in no time

Don’t use cash machines - but if I did own one I’d have to carry another Revolut card for Chip & Pin to avoid damage - thus unable to use it for any ‘boujie’ over £100 purchases without damaging it (I’m quoting Revolut, kinda)

They said the other week that their Metal Tampon promo could help women invest in Crypto instead - all seems somewhat dystopian - albeit quasi amusing.

It’d be an ornament more or less? You’d need it wrapped up in a soft cloth in your wallet.

Are they just going for people who wouldn’t pay the fee/wouldn’t be approved for an Amex Gold Card?

2 Likes

Ouch. And not very absorbent

lol - basically if you’re on metal you can get £5 off a tampon subscription service…so £15 a month for £5 off a relatively a expensive product - and you can invest your savings in crypto?! :unamused:

1 Like

Such a time to be a woman.

3 Likes