Yes, I know I have a Golden Ticket

I have the same thing

Yeah scrap it, it’s annoying

1 Like

Have you reported that to the support team?

1 Like

I asked the support team to remove my golden ticket about 2 weeks ago. They said they’d need to speak to an engineer (fair enough), but it was a weekend, so they’d have to get back to me. They haven’t got back to me, but they did say they’d pass my feedback on to the product team.

That’s not quite what I meant, I wouldn’t expect them to customise the app for you!

I was asking Tom whether he’d reported the issue with the banner showing that he’d sent a golden ticket after all of his tickets had been used.

1 Like

Fair enough. Just to be clear, I wasn’t asking them to customise the app, just to remove the golden ticket from my account - I assume if someone doesn’t have a golden ticket this banner doesn’t appear. They acknowledged, though, that the banner as it is is pretty awful (I gave essentially the same feedback as the original poster here), so hopefully they’ll come up with a better design soon.

Or just do away with the queue and golden tickets along with it :wink:

1 Like

The golden ticket could be moved to a sharing interface. If you share with someone it will ask if you want to send a golden ticket. There is already an option to invite contacts where this could work.

4 Likes

:thinking:

We’ll definitely have a think about how to improve this.

5 Likes

No I haven’t. For me, it was too minor of an issue to bother COps with.

2 Likes

I still can’t believe that a company that prides themselves on design ever released that banner publicly

1 Like

Maybe that’s because you don’t have to answer the hundreds of support requests that they get every week, asking for Golden Tickets :wink:

I’m not saying it’s the perfect solution but to be fair, if it was subtle enough for people to not notice it then it would be useless - & they do need a way to make it easier for people to find their Golden Tickets.

I have something similar. Mine says this…

I’ve been with Monzo since March 2016 and had a current account since September :eyes:

1 Like

Did you ever get any feedback on this @HughWells?

1 Like

We’re working on a tidied up version of the Payments tab, which doesn’t include the permanent banner. We’ll test it in the next few weeks to see if it works well before deciding to roll it out to everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Roll it out now please!!

Annoying to have that notification in payments, and not been able to remove it.

I thought they’d done that already but I still find my notification off the bottom of my screen at the end of the list of payees which surprised me.

Now it is way better I think.

I don’t have a banner. Now in payments if I scroll down I have a ‘You have four golden tickets’. Wait… what? four like… 4?! wow that is a lot.

What I would like see removed is this yellow circle and the top of the ‘Payments’ tab
IMG_3170

1 Like

You think four is a lot! I have 7 :joy: