Wise Discussion (previously Transferwise)

sorry i mean how long before they would send one to you, i’ve got an account and im just waiting for them to be able to send me a card

It was a few days in my case, but I believe they only sent out 1,000.

Did you open the Transferwise account, or submit your details to get a card? I had my transferwise account for few months - I joined in August according to my email. I’ve not made any payments or received any deposits with it yet, but got my invite to try a card out last week. From what others have said, if you’re an active user it may be quicker.

3000 according to my email. Maybe it’s bumped up since the first batch.

Ive had a general account for a while, I only opened a borderless account today

Here’s what mine said. I can’t believe I was in the he first 1,000. image

Edit to say, I’ve had a Transferwise account since July 2015

Mine said first 3000, I don’t believe it, LOL. The card fails in Great Northern-ThamesLink ticket machines for contact (but works for contactless). Haven’t done much other testing of it, I see little point.

1 Like

Been offered one - should have it in a few days time :slight_smile:

was this recently?

For me? Yeah, I was offered it yesterday.

2 Likes

just received mine, WOW IT’S GREEEN!

Anybody got a Penta card yet? The one I saw was very green!

I received an email this afternoon to order a card! It’ll arrive by Wednesday at the latest, did anyone else get one? It’s a private invitation that went to 3,000 people.

2 Likes

Got it as well. Card should be here either today or Monday.

Have my TransferWise card, but yet to put it to the test.
The app looks a bit basic though
Until now I’ve been using Revolut with no issues so not sure how this card will play out

1 Like

I’m suspicious of the 3,000 people bit…

1 Like

Especially as they told me it was 1,000

Are you calling Tessa a liar? :joy::joy:image

I’m a bit confused: when depositing say £ in the borderless account, does it automatically show a balance in each of the activated currencies? Or does each currency has its own balance, and if that’s the case, is this any different than holding multiple accounts in different currencies?

Also, what’s up with this fee for transfering money to a same currency account? Paying eg for a £ transfer to Monzo doesn’t seem very competitive.

That’s it. Upload pounds to sterling account, and you can move that to your account in other currencies.

The advantage over holding separate accounts is that the fees are low. I can see little point in it without the debit card, as there are fees for transferring funds out.

It allows you to hedge your currency exchange for holidays or trips overseas. For example, I have £200 in Euros which is roughly half my expected outgoing for a forthcoming trip. So half my spending will be with TransferWise at a 2 month old rate, and half with Monzo at whatever rate it is on the day.

1 Like